Date: Saturday 22nd July 2023
Entries Close: Monday 17th July 2023,
9:00am EXTENDED TO 11:59am (Midday)
Entry Cost: $25
Location: Bundoora Park, Bundoora, VIC 3083
The 2023 Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships is the selection trial to represent Victoria at the Australian Cross Country Championships.
Athletics Victoria would like to ensure that every athlete competing has an enjoyable experience in a safe environment. It is up to you to help us do that.
- We encourage all participants to arrive EARLY as there will be a premium on parking and access within Bundoora Park. We encourage carpooling where possible with Public Transport also available via Tram 86 running every 15 minutes from Southern Cross Station, with a stop approx. 15 minute walk from the start line.
- Schools that registered as a group are to collect Bibs from the Administration Area and distribute to their students. Athletes that registered as individuals are to collect your bibs from the administration area separately. Please do so 30 minutes prior to event start time to ensure you are ready for the race. AV Member athletes still need to collect an All Schools bib for the day, this includes U20 athletes!
- Please ensure you/your students listen to the announcements during the day. There will be 15,10 and 5 minute warnings before the start of each race. Please note the start is separate to the finish line and athletes and team managers should make themselves familiar with the start position.
- Part of the fun of cross-country events is the mass start and the opportunity to have a run outside over the natural terrain. Due to the natural variation of the course there is always the chance of athletes tripping over the terrain, or other athletes, due to their varying pace and concentration levels. We would like to make all students, parents and school representatives aware that this is all a part of the challenge of a Cross Country event. We do ask students to be aware of their surroundings and fellow competitors and expect them to act in a safe and responsible manner during the race.
- IMPORTANT MEDICAL CONDITIONS – Each year we see a high proportion of students requiring first aid or medical treatment for various medical conditions. If you are aware that you/your student athlete is unwell, or has not eaten in the last 12-24 hours; has a serious medical condition; is recovering from an injury; is not in correct physical or mental condition to complete then it is your responsibility to either withdraw yourself/your participant from the competition OR if appropriate after completing a mandatory health risk assessment on the student athlete, brief the student to compete within their ability and to retire if necessary from the race.
DRAFT TIMETABLE & COMPETITION EVENTS
|10:00am||Girls U14||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|Girls Para (U15, U17, U20 & Women Open)||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|10:20am||Boys U14||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|Boys Para (U15, U17, U20 & Men Open)||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|11:45am||Boys U17||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|Boys U18||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|12:20pm||Girls U20||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
- Athletes are only eligible to compete in one age group. This includes both individual and team competition.
- The first four athletes to finish from the same school count for team awards.
- All registered athletes are required to wear the approved school sports uniform, or a plain black/white top.
- All athletes must wear allocated School XCR bibs on their front and back.
- All athletes are required to wear two Athletics Victoria competition bibs; one with an affixed timing chip must be pinned to the front of the athlete’s competition uniform, the other to the back.
- Schools that registered as a group are to collect Bibs from the Administration Area and distribute to their students.
- Athletes that registered as individuals are to collect your bibs from the administration area separately. Please do so 30 minutes prior to event start time to ensure you are ready for the race!
- Athletes are not to warm up on any part of the course. Please ensure where possible athletes physically distance while warming up.
- Please contact Andrea Hallett (Hallett@athsvic.org.au) if you have any questions regarding communicated school helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 9.15am with the first race to commence at 10.00am. All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
There will be two briefings by the Competition Director for officials & team Managers at the Finish line:
- Course Marshals – 9:15am If your club is allocated to a marshal point, please ensure that this person attends the briefing.
- School Managers & all other Officials – 9:30am One representative from each school will need to attend the Team managers briefing and this is the time to ask any questions regarding the day to the competition director.
- Athletes will be running in an anti-clockwise direction as noted in the Course Map (can be viewed below via link)
- Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the course and any alternate directions required as part of the 3km, 4km, 6km & 8km courses.
Coffee & Food:
- Mocha Monkey will be onsite offering coffee and tea throughout the day
- Doncaster Athletics Club will be running a BBQ during both the All Schools and XCR events. Credit Card Facilities will be available. Unfortunately they are unable to provide vegan or gluten-free options on the day due.
- All marquees must be secured by weights. The Marquee zones can be seen below and will be marked out on the day.
- First Aid will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available for presentation – located next to the Administration & Officials marquee.
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8400 and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.