Date: Saturday 23rd July 2022
Entries Close: Monday 18th July 2022, 9:00am
Entry Cost: $20.60 per athlete
Location: Bundoora Park, Bundoora, VIC 3083
The 2022 Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships is the selection trial to represent Victoria at the Australian Cross Country Championships.
To be considered for selection into these teams competitors must compete in the selection trial. Selection details and further information will be available at Bundoora Park on competition day and provided in the school confirmation packs.
For 2022, schools competing in All Schools XCR events will be required to provide helpers. Helper requirements will be confirmed following close of entries, however an estimation will be 1 helper for every 5 athletes entered will be expected. This process has been used for previous schools’ events including AV Schools Relays and AV Schools Nitro during our summer season.
Doncaster Athletic Club will be on site during the day with a BBQ and sweets throughout the day and Mocha Monkey will once again be providing coffee.
|10:00am||Girls U14||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|Girls Para(U15, U17, U20 & Women Open)||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|10:20am||Boys U14||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|Boys Para(U15, U17, U20 & Men Open)||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|11:45pm||Boys U17||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|Boys U18||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|12:20pm||Girls U20||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
- Age group year of births are available by clicking here.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
- Athletes are only eligible to compete in one age group. This includes both individual and team competition.
- The first four athletes to finish from the same school count for team awards.
- All registered athletes are required to wear the approved school sports uniform, or a plain black/white top.
- All athletes must wear allocated School XCR bibs on their front and back.
- All athletes are required to wear two Athletics Victoria competition bibs; one with an affixed timing chip must be pinned to the front of the athlete’s competition uniform, the other to the back.
- Schools that registered as a group are to collect Bibs from the Administration Area and distribute to their students.
- Athletes that registered as individuals are to collect your bibs from the administration area separately.
- Athletes are not to warm up on any part of the course. Please ensure where possible athletes physically distance while warming up.
- Please contact Craig Morrow (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding communicated school helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 9.15am with the first race to commence at 10.00am. All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
There will be two briefings by the Competition Director for officials & team Managers at the Finish line:
- Course Marshals – 9:15am If your club is allocated to a marshal point, please ensure that this person attends the briefing.
- School Managers & all other Officials – 9:30am One representative from each school will need to attend the Team managers briefing and this is the time to ask any questions regarding the day to the competition director.
- Athletes will be running in an anti-clockwise direction as noted in the Course Map (can be viewed below via link)
- Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the course and any alternate directions required as part of the 3km, 4km, 6km & 8km courses.
- All marquees must be secured by weights. The Marquee zones can be seen below and will be marked out on the day.
- St Johns will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available for presentation – located at the Officials marquee.
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to email@example.com or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8403 (Craig Wallace) and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing). Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.