Accreditation Framework & Pathways
The Athletics Australia Coach Accreditation Framework is the endorsed coach education program for athletics coaches. Coach education programs deliver knowledge, skills and experience to equip coaches with the understanding of what to coach and how to coach. Those who complete an accredited coaching program will become an Accredited Athletics Coach (AAC) at that level of accreditation and can register with Athletics Australia as a coach and therefore be insured for their coaching practice.
In addition to the Track & Field Athletic Coach Accreditation framework Athletics Australia has designed coaching courses for people training runners for fun runs, half marathons, marathons and ultra marathons. This course is particularly useful for personal trainers who are looking to move into the endurance and long run training space.
To be a coach with Athletics Victoria you must:
- Abide by the Child Safe Standards (see our Child Safety Statement of Commitment and Child Safety Code of Conduct)
- Complete the Play By The Rules Child Protection Course
- Complete a Coaching Course
- Have an active Athletics Australia Registration (renewed annually, once course is completed)
- Have an active Athletics Victoria Membership (2020/21 Season is from April 1st, 2020 to March 31st, 2021, once course is completed)
Athletics Victoria offer a range of courses for all people. From beginners learning the sport, all the way through to experts looking to refine their skills.
There are two coaching pathways – Athlete Coaches and Recreational Running Coaches.
Please complete you Education Registration through the Athletics Victoria Portal AND submit an Application to Complete Athletics Victoria Online Course. You must be approved by your home state Coaching Leader before your registration is finalised.