Date: Sunday 6th August 2023
Entries Close: Wednesday 2nd August at 11:59am (Noon)
Location: Lake Wendouree, Ballarat, VIC 3350
The traditional stomping ground of XCR legend Steve Moneghetti, Lake Wendouree, provides the backdrop for this fast-paced event, with Open completing 6km or 15km courses and Juniors 6km. After the race, stay on and enjoy the best that Ballarat and the surrounding Goldfields offer, including the Eureka Centre, Sovereign Hill, the Gold Museum and the Botanical Gardens.
In 2023, package holders are not automatically entered into XCR events. Each member will need to sign up for each round they wish to participate in.
Bibs: In the 2023/24 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season – use them for both XCR and track! Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
*All athletes are required to wear two Athletics Victoria competition bibs; one with an affixed timing chip must be attached to the front of the athlete’s competition uniform, the other to the back.
|9:30am||Female U14, U16, U18, U20 & 50+ Short Course||6km Road Race|
|Male U14, U16, U18, U20, Open & 60+ Short Course||6km Road Race|
|10:14am||Wheelchair||15km Road Race|
|10:15am||Female Open, 40+ & 50+||15km Road Race|
|Male Open, 40+, 50+ & 60+||15km Road Race|
|Presentations||All Junior Categories|
|Presentations||All Open Categories|
- Wendouree Parade will be closed between Hamilton Parade Roundabout and Nursery Drive. There will be no access to Car Parking in this vicinity. Please utilise street parking on Gillies Street North & off street parking at The Prince of Wales Oval, approx 300m west of the start finish area.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available promptly for the presentation. The presentation area will be located at the marquee adjacent to the Rotunda between the Start & Finish Lines.
Keep It Clean:
- We ask that you keep the area around the start/finish & club tent areas clear of rubbish. Please take any rubbish you have with you when you depart.
- Please be aware tents & marquees cannot be anchored into the ground using tent pegs. Only weights are to be used to anchor.
- Athletes are requested not to warm up on the road near the start finish area, especially before the 15km start. There is a running track around the Lake, however please respect the general public on this pathway. Be cautious of cars moving in a clockwise direction along Wendouree Parade.
- If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8400 (Craig Wallace) and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.