Please note that information has changed since this article was posted. We recommend you visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au for all the most up-to-date information.
Last month, we were presented with a roadmap to reopening by the state government. The dates included in this roadmap, whilst indicative, give us the confidence to plan the season ahead.
Athletics Victoria’s events fall under the COVID-19 Public Events Framework. This framework is different to several other sports, and as such, a mass return of every community sport may not occur at once.
Before releasing our summer calendar, we must wait for further information from Vicsport and Sport and Recreation Victoria on the Restricted Activity Directions for Sport (RADS) to ensure Athletics Victoria is compliant and aligned to the roadmap. We will receive this before National Plan: Phase C – due on the 5th of November. We expect a heightened level of conditions around safety, participation and crowd numbers and the delivery of events, which will look different from the normal.
Athletics Victoria has not made a statement regarding the required vaccination status as we are still in the process of clarifying the requirements that will be placed upon the return to competition/training in Metro and Regional areas with the Victorian Government around vaccinations.
We expect all individuals to review the restrictions set by the Victorian Government before undertaking any physical recreation/activities.
Regional – click here.
- – No double vaccination requirement for the current training allowances in the Regional area.
- – Group size restrictions in place.
- – Personal training sessions and boot camp are allowed outside in groups of up to 10 participants plus one trainer.
- – Personal trainers and boot camp operators must confirm that participants are not residents of metropolitan Melbourne (or Mitchell Shire and Mildura Rural City Council).
Metro – click here.
- – To qualify as a Personal Trainer or Sport Coach you must have your own ABN (Australian Business Number) or work under a company with an ABN.
- – Outdoor personal training is allowed for up to 5 people plus the personal trainer if everyone including the personal trainer is fully vaccinated, or up to 2 people plus the personal trainer if any of the participants or the personal trainer has only received the first vaccination dose, or are not vaccinated. Evidence of clients’ full vaccination status must be confirmed by the personal trainer for record keeping if engaging in outdoor personal training services in a group of five people.
- – Indoor facilities must remain closed, excluding toilets, where check in is required with the Service Victoria App.
The Victorian Government is constantly updating and reviewing all aspects of the roadmap. Unfortunately, at this stage, we are not in a position that would allow us to confirm if double vaccinations will be required by members and coaches for the return of competition/training.
This news should not discourage you about the return of our events. However, it does mean that we are unable to provide any information regarding specific dates, the meets, requirements to participate or event structure or locations. You can be assured that we will share all that information at the soonest possible time.
We are here for non-event enquiries like membership, coaching courses, officials, and more until that time. You can email us at email@example.com
We are looking forward to seeing you all throughout the soon-to-be-released summer season.
Chief Executive Officer