Date: Saturday 10th July 2021
Entries Close: Wednesday 7th July 2021, 11:59am (Midday)
Location: Cruden Farm, Langwarrin, VIC 3910
The 2021 Heritage Round is at Cruden Farm, hosting 8km and 12km distances. The grounds of Cruden Farm offer athletes a challenging course with a mixture of different terrains to accompany the beautiful areas encompassing the farm. This event is an excellent opportunity for clubs to showcase their history, and we encourage athletes to do so again in 2021.
8 July Event Update:
These last few weeks have seen ongoing discussions between Athletics Victoria, VicSport and various Government departments regarding the potential easing of restrictions and/or limitations that may impact this weekend’s event at Cruden Farm. These conversations, along with the Victorian Government’s Restricted Activity Directions dictate preparation and planning for mass participation events, and often necessitate changes such as those communicated this week. This is an ever-changing landscape, however, which requires continued revision and amendments to ensure that opportunities to participate in athletics continue. The team here at AV would like to thank you for your patience and flexibility throughout this period.
Following further announcements by the Victorian Government this morning, we have reviewed the information and revisited conversations that now permit us greater freedoms for Cruden Farm. For this reason, there has once more been an update to the timetable and processes, designed to provide athletes with a better event experience whilst still meeting the requirements of the public events framework.
Included below is the important information for this weekend’s event at Cruden Farm. Please ensure that your review all information prior to Saturday ensure that you are well versed in the revised timetable and your responsibilities whilst at the venue.
Please note that representatives of the DJPR’s Public Event Observer program will be in attendance at this event.
Best of luck on Saturday!
– Team AV
- Entry lists for Cruden Farm are now available here or in the Important Information section of this page. If you believe your entry is incorrect, please contact Athletics Victoria via email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Please view lap column in conjunction with the course map located here or in the Important Information section of this page.
|Start Time||Age Groups||Distance||Laps|
Men’s 60+ (Short Course)
|6km||1 x 2km lap|
1 x 4km lap
|4km||1 x 4km lap|
Please note short cut
|12:35pm||Early Starters*||12km||3 x 4km laps|
Please note 3rd lap finish chute
|12:45 pm||Men’s U18|
Women’s 50+ (Short Course)
|8km||2 x 4km laps|
|12km||3 x 4km laps|
Please note 3rd lap finish chute
|12km||3 x 4km laps|
Please note 3rd lap finish chute
Access and Car Parking:
- All athletes, officials and club helpers can gain access to Cruden Farm via the entry on Cranhaven Road. Please note there will be NO access to the venue via McClelland drive.
- Car parking is available in the allocated parking area only and it is requested that all patrons follow the directions of those marshals managing the area.
- Please note that dogs are not allowed at Cruden Farm.
Venue Entry & Check in:
- To ensure compliance with newly updated restrictions and DJPR permits, all patrons will be required to enter the competition area via the marked entry, located at the Western/Bayside end of the car park. This area will be identifiable by AV signage and bow flags.
- All patrons will be required to check in using the Victorian Government’s services app and QR code, available at the marked entry. Check in confirmation must be shown to the marshal at the gate prior to venue entry.
- A manual check in sheet will be available at check in/administration for those who cannot use the electronic service.
- All registered athletes are required to wear the approved uniform of their athletics club, or its heritage variant.
- All athletes must wear bibs on their front and back.
All athletes are required to wear two Athletics Victoria competition bibs; one with an affixed timing chip must be pinned to the front of the athlete’s competition uniform, the other to the back.
- If you are competing as an invitation athlete, or registered with Athletics Victoria after Lardner Park on the 22nd of May, you will need to collect your bibs from the administration tent prior to entering the venue.
- Athletes who registered earlier in the season will find that their bibs have been delivered to their club. Team managers shall be required to disseminate these bibs, ensuring that they sanitise their hands prior to doing so.
- If you are unsure whether your bib has already been distributed, please check the important information below for Bib Information.
- If you have lost or forgotten your bibs, please see the staff at administration, where you will be able to purchase a temporary or full replacement set.
- Please note that bib sales at this event will be cashless. Only card payments will be taken.
- Athletes are not to warm up on the garden or any part of the course. The trail nearby the marked venue entry will be available for athletes to warm up. Please ensure where possible you physically distance.
- Athletes are required to marshal for their event no later than five minutes prior to their allocated start line. As a result of continually changing restrictions, please note that there have been further changes to the timetable for this weekend’s event.
- * An early start time is offered for those who will need longer than 90 minutes to complete the 12km course.
If due to the change in timetable you are no longer able to participate in your 12km event, we are able to offer you entry into the 8km Invitation (non-scoring) event. Please email email@example.com prior to 5pm Friday 9th July if you wish to do so.
- All club tents must be secured by weights or tent pegs. The Club Tent zone will be located south of the finish line. Please take note of signposted requests including social distancing requirements and density limits.
- Please contact Andrea Hallett (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 10.45am with the first race to commence at 11.50pm. All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
- Any club who fails to supply club helpers may face disqualification for this and/or further XCR’21 events.
There will be two briefings by the Competition Director for officials & team Managers at the Finish line:
- Course Marshals – 11:00am (If your club is allocated to a marshal point, please ensure that this person attends the briefing).
- Team Managers & all other Officials – 11:15am (One representative from each club will need to attend the Team managers briefing and this is the time to ask any questions regarding the day to the competition director).
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available for presentation – located adjacent to the club tent area.
- All athletes are required to behave in a COVID safe manner throughout presentations, including no hugging/high fiving/etc. This also applies to post event photos.
- Athletes will be running in a clockwise direction as noted in the course map included in the Important Information section of this page.
- Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the course and any alternate directions required as part of the 4km, 6km and 12km courses.
- St Johns will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Mocha Monkey will be on site selling coffee, muffins, and snacks on the day.
- Athletics Victoria has an Unfavourable Weather Policy in place for the upcoming XCR’21 season. Please note we will let athletes and team managers know any information regarding this before the day or make announcements on the morning of the event. Please listen out for these throughout the day for any extreme weather announcements.
- Check out the Athletics Victoria XCR 2021 – Season Schedule here! Entries for the rest of the XCR season are now open via the Members Portal.
Please remember that all attendees will be required to complete the Victorian Government COVID Check-In before entering the venue, maintain 1.5m distancing where possible (if unable to, wear a fitted face mask) and remind you to not attend the event if you have:
- fever or symptoms of respiratory infection (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath)
- returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the last 14 days
Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
|Entry List (As at 08.07)||Course Map||Bib Information||Club Duty Allocations||ResultsHub||AV Rules and Policies||DHHS Guidelines for Sport and Exercise||DJPR Event Registration|
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to email@example.com or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 8646 4526 (Craig Wallace) or 8646 4512 (Nathan McConchie) (Leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing). Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.