Date: Saturday 20th May 2023
Entries Close: Closed
Location: Jells Park, Waverley Road, Wheelers Hill, 3150 (entry Waverley Rd or Ferntree Gully Rd)
We return to Jells Park in 2023. Jells Park will play host to the All Schools Cross Country Relays. The course provides excellent cross country running with excellent vantage points for schools and spectators to support. The Jells relays are a great day and we encourage all schools to bring branded marquees, flags, banners and plenty of noise!
Athletics Victoria staff are there to help on the day. We will have copies of the course map at the administration marquee so you know where to go and what to do. It’s a great idea to walk the course beforehand if you’re feeling unsure, and of course you can always ask if there’s something you don’t know. Click the button below for a copy of the course map.
|XCR Schools Entry Fees||Online Payment Entry||School Entry Invoice Request||ResultsHub||AV Rules and Policies|
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to email@example.com or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on (03) 7032 8400. Please leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted
Please ensure that you review all the important information below.
|10:00am||U16 Boys, U14 Boys, U16 Girls, U14 Girls||4x3km (2×1.5km Laps per athlete)|
|11:30am||U20 Boys, U18 Boys, U20 Girls, U18 Girls||4x4km (2x2km Laps per athlete)|
Team Manager Contacts:
- AV require mobile numbers of all team managers to allow contact if any changes to the event need to be made due to the forecasted weather conditions. Please submit your team managers names and contact numbers via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If portions of the course are deemed unsafe due to the weather conditions, shorter race distances may be implemented.
- AV will review the weather forecast Friday evening as well as completing a review of weather and course conditions Saturday morning. Any changes to the competition due to conditions will be communicated via text message to the provided Team Manager contacts.
- Is available in the allocated parking areas only. There is strictly no parking in the parkland area. Athletics Victoria is not responsible for any parking tickets that may be issued.
- Marquees will be located in an allocated area beside the course. Please look for the ‘School Marquees’ sign. All school Marquees must be secured by weights only.
- Please contact Andrea Hallett (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding communicated school helper duties. Officials and school helpers are required to sign in at administration by 9.00 am with the first race to commence at 10.00am. All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
- A briefing for Course Marshals to be conducted at 9.15 am and a briefing for all other Officials at 9.30am located at the Presentation area.
- Schools will be expected to provide approximately 1 school helper per 5 entered teams.
- Schools failing to provide the required number of club helpers may have their teams disqualified.
- Please view the Important Information section above for school helper duties (once finalised).
- As we move toward a more electronic way of staging XCR relay events, the burden on officials and schools will begin to decrease. For this meet, schools will be required to supply helpers as per the duty roster, however, will no longer need to provide manual timekeepers for each of their teams.
Race Pack Collection:
- School representatives will be able to collect race packs from administration no earlier than 8:30am. These packs include team sheets, an electronic timing tag per team and team relay bibs.
- School team managers will be required to complete a team sheet advising Athletics Victoria of their student’s names, year of birth and running order at the earliest possible opportunity to allow for timely presentation of medals and publication of results.
- This year teams can be entered online via ResultsHub. A link & passcode will be sent to school team managers on how to enter their teams. As this is a new process this year, paper-based team sheets will also be distributed on the day, however Athletics Victoria’s preference is for teams to be entered online prior to the day. Changes can still be made up until the end of the race the team is competing in.
- An instruction file on entering teams using the new system can be found here.
- Date of birth is taken from 31 December 2023. Please check athletes are competing in the correct age group for their event.
|Age Group||Year of Birth||Relay Length||Course Laps|
|U14||2010, 2011 & 2012||4x3km||2×1.5km|
- If Team managers have not entered their teams online or handed in a paper-based team sheet into the AV Admin area your team will not be entered into the results.
- Colour coded laminated numbers will be used to identify competitors in each age group:
|U14 Girls||U16 Girls||U18 Girls||U20 Girls|
|U14 Boys||U16 Boys||U18 Boys||U20 Boys|
- Coded numbers identifying age group will be used, i.e. ‘16’ for U16, ‘20’ for U20 and then the team number will be the ‘1’, ‘2’ – ‘40’ next to the age group number for example 14.1 or 14.40.
- All relay identification numbers must be worn on the FRONT and BACK of each competitor’s uniform. Each schools team will have their own bib number with athletes 1 & 3 wearing the same numbers and athletes 2 & 4 wearing the other numbers during their leg of the relay.
- Included in the school race pack will be a list of teams and their respective identification number. Please ensure that the correct identification number is distributed to teams.
- Teams are expected to return all relay bibs to administration upon conclusion of their race.
Electronic Timing Tags:
- Each team will be allocated a numerically identified timing tag in their race pack which will be passed between team members like a relay baton.
- Included in the school race pack will be a list of teams and their respective electronic timing tag number. Please ensure that the correct electronic timing tag is distributed to teams.
- Teams are expected to return all electronic timing tags to administration upon conclusion of their race. Please note that an $90 replacement fee will be invoiced to the school for any electronic timing tags not returned.
School Team Manager Briefing:
- There will be a school team manager briefing held at 9.30am at the starting line area:
- One representative from each school will need to attend and this is the time to ask any questions regarding the day to the competition director
- There may be a staggered start due to entry numbers, with age groups starting 1 minute apart in the order listed in the timetable above. (Eg. U16 boys start at 10:00am, U14 boys start at 10:01am, etc.)
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of all results.
- There will be a run through area for all age groups to progress through after completing their first lap.
- There must only be 2 athletes from a team in each age group on the course at the one time (example runner 1 who is running and runner 2 who is waiting in the changeover area). This is for safety reasons for all athletes running through the changeover area.
- Colmed will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Mocha Monkey will be on site selling coffee, muffins and snacks on the day.
- Athletics Victoria has a wet/warm weather policy in place for the upcoming XCR’23 season. Please note we will let Team Managers know any information regarding this before the day or make announcements on the morning of the event. Please listen out for these throughout the day for any extreme weather announcements.