Several Coronavirus restrictions will ease when Victoria’s five-day hard lockdown comes to an end at 11.59 PM on Wednesday, February 17 2021. The new framework will apply until February 26.
The rules were put in place at 11.59 PM on Friday as part of a “circuit breaker” lockdown to stop the spread of an outbreak from hotel quarantine.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed that larger-scale events will be subject to density limits, with more government information shortly.
We are awaiting information regarding the Victorian government’s density limits to confirm the safety procedures for Weekend 1 of the Athletics Victoria State Championships, originally scheduled to be held on the Friday 19th – Sunday, February 21 2021.
We will advise as soon as these details are supplied.
Thank you for your understanding.
The team at Athletics Victoria.
From 11.59 PM Wednesday until Friday, February 26:
- The five-kilometre limit for leaving home is no longer in place;
- The four reasons to leave home (shopping for things you need, care and caregiving, exercise and essential work) is no longer in place
- Faces masks will be required outside where you cannot physically distance 1.5 metres;
- Face masks will be required at all times indoors when away from home;
- Five visitors will be allowed in the home (up from zero);
You can view the COVIDSAFE SUMMER – FROM 11:59 PM WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 17 2021 document, here.