To the Athletics Victoria membership,
Following the announcement from Premier Daniel Andrews this afternoon, Victoria will move into Stage 4 Lockdown from 11.59pm tonight (Friday 12th February 2021) until Wednesday 17th February 2021.
The following scheduled Athletics Victoria events are cancelled this weekend:
– Saturday 13 February – AVSL Round 7
– Sunday 14 February – High Velocity Round 5
– Sunday 14 February – AV Throwers Round 6
– Sunday 14 February – Victorian Race Walking Club Meet 9
– Sunday 14 February – Rare Air Club Meet 6
– All Coaching Courses scheduled will be postponed
All entries for these events will be reallocated to an alternative date, subject to any further restrictions from the Victorian Government. For now, we will not be processing any refunds until further advice from the Victorian Government.
Athletics Victoria Track and Field Championships “Weekend 1” –
Friday 19, Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 February
Unless advised by the Victorian Government on or before Wednesday 17th February 2021, we will do our best to conduct Weekend 1 of the Victorian Track and Field Championships.
However, if there are further restrictions that will impact our ability to conduct Weekend 1 of the Championships, then we will move “Weekend 1” to Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 March 2021 at Lakeside Stadium.
Please also note that from 11.59pm tonight, there are only four reasons to leave your home:
– shopping for the goods that you usually need
– to provide care or receive care
– for essential work and services that can not be conducted from home and,
– for essential education that can not be provided at home.
– All Victorians must stay within a 5km radius of your home unless you required essential goods outside of the 5km radius.
Masks must be worn everywhere – with the exception of in our homes.
Exercise is permitted up to two hours per day but must be within 5km of your home and you must wear a mask.
No visitors to the home are permitted.
Due to a high volume of calls received, we ask all members to first check the Athletics Victoria website for any information about our events and services.
We extend our thanks and best wishes to the membership, our clubs, officials, and volunteers and encourage everyone to make sure that you are aware of, and comply with the current restrictions in place for this Stage 4 lockdown.