Start your engines for the Sandown Road Relays!
With over 200 teams entered for Saturday, it is sure to be an exciting day, and to ensure that everything runs smoothly this email contains all the pre-race information that you need for the day.
Date: Saturday 9th July 2022
Entries Have Closed.
Location: Sandown Racecourse, Springvale, VIC 3171 (Google link here). Enter on Racecourse Drive via Princes Highway and follow the driveway to the carpark – or if you’re coming by train the gate next to Sandown Park Station will also be open). There will be signage directing you to the event site.
Food and drinks: Mocha Monkey will be on-site providing hot drinks and snacks for pre-or post-race.
Team Sheets, Relay Bibs & Electronic Timing Tags:
- AV Staff will be present in the Leger Room at the top of the Grandstand, and team managers are required to collect a team pack (including all team sheets, relay bibs and electronic timing tags) from AV Staff for distribution to their athletes.
- Team sheets (including athlete names and bib numbers) are to be submitted to the Athletics Victoria administration tent once complete. Clubs are encouraged to submit this prior to completion of the competition to allow the timely presentation of medals and publication of results.
- Teams are expected to return all relay bibs and electronic timing tags upon the conclusion of their race. Please note that an $80 replacement fee will be invoiced to the club for any electronic timing tags not returned.
- Members who have forgotten or misplaced their personal bibs will require a temporary bib for the event. Please come to the Admin Tent well in advance of your race start time to be issued a disposable temporary bib.
- No cloth bibs will be issued in the 2022/23 season. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
St Anne’s STRAVA Challenge:
St Anne’s Winery has generously sponsored our STRAVA Challenge, offering a gift box to the fastest male and female athletes in each of the two Sandown STRAVA segments. Make sure you’re in the running by uploading your STRAVA segment times by 3 pm.
See you on the track.
Bring the family and enter the FAMILY3K walk/run!
Bibs: In the 2022/23 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED WITHIN SANDOWN RACECOURSE
Club administrators are responsible for completing team entries for XCR Relay events, not individual athletes. Any queries regarding team selection should be directed to your club.
|12:45pm||Women Open Premier, Division 2, 3, 4, & 5||6.2km|
|Men Open Premier & Division 2||6.2km|
|Men Open Division 3 & 4||6.2km|
|Men Open Division 5, 6, 7 & U20||6.2km|
|Men Open Division 40+, 50+ & 60+||6.2km|
|Women Open Division 40+ & 50+||6.2km|
|1:15pm||Women U20, U18, U16 & U14||3.1km|
|Men U18, U16 & U14||3.1km|
|Presentations: Sandown Relay Awards – Junior & Masters||W U20, M U20, W U18, M U18, W U16, W U14, M U14, M 40+, M 50+, W 40+|
|Presentations: Sandown Relay Awards – Open Divisions||W Premier, M Premier|
- Presentations will be carried out once all results have been verified after each race.
Athlete Membership Requirements:
- Athletes must have an athlete membership submitted and approved by 11:59am on the Wednesday prior to the event for the team to be eligible to score points.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
**Club administrators are responsible for completing team entries for XCR Relay events, not individual athletes. Any queries regarding team selection should be directed to your club.
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8403 and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.