Pivotal to the sport of athletics are the dedicated and hardworking coaches who provide the link between athletes, clubs and competition. Coaches use their insight, experience and knowledge to guide and support athletes and participants in our sport to compete to the best of their abilities.
To be a coach with Athletics Victoria you must:
- Abide by the Child Safe Standards (see our Child Safety Statement of Commitment and Child Safety Code of Conduct)
- Complete the Play By The Rules Child Protection Course
- Complete a Coaching Course
- Have an active Athletics Australia Registration (renewed annually)
- Have an active Athletics Victoria Membership (2020/21 Season is from April 1st, 2020 to March 31st, 2021)
Learn more about the accrediation pathway and coaching courses below:
Athletics Australia Coaching Registration
Coach registration is on an annual basis based on when you first accredited as a coach, that is, your AA accreditation does not necessarily align with the AV season, and you will need to renew on an independantly annual basis.
E.g.: You payed your AA coaching registration February 2019, therefore, you need to renew this registration in February 2020.
AA Coach Registration – $88 for 12 months
AV 2020/21 Coach Membership
Effective 1st April 2020 – 31st March 2021
Athletics Victoria charges no fees for coaching membership if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a current coaching registration with Athletics Australia (see above)
- You have a current Working With Children Check
Some clubs and groups may charge a club fee for coach memberships.
AV Coach Membership – FREE ($0 – must complete AA registration above)
*Coaching Accreditation is handled by Athletics Australia. The Level 1 Community Athletics Course and Level 1 Recreational Running Course includes the cost of a 12 months Coaching Membership with Athletics Australia.