Pivotal to the sport of athletics are the dedicated and hardworking coaches who provide the link between athletes, clubs and competition. Coaches use their insight, experience and knowledge to guide and support athletes and participants in our sport to compete to the best of their abilities.
To be a coach with Athletics Victoria you must:
- Abide by the Child Safe Standards (see our Child Safety Statement of Commitment and Child Safety Code of Conduct)
- Complete the Play By The Rules Child Protection Course
- Complete a Coaching Course
- Have an active Athletics Australia Registration (renewed annually)
- Have an active Athletics Victoria Membership (2022/23 Season is from April 4th, 2022 to March 31st, 2023)
Learn more about the accrediation pathway and coaching courses below:
Athletics Australia Coaching Registration
Coach registration is on an annual basis based on when you were first accredited as a coach, that is, your AA accreditation does not necessarily align with the AV season, and you will need to renew on an independently annual basis.
E.g.: You paid your AA coaching registration in February 2022, therefore, you will need to renew this registration in February 2023.
AV 2022/23 Coach Membership
Effective 4th April 2022 – 31st March 2023
Athletics Victoria charges no fees for coaching membership if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a current coaching registration with Athletics Australia (see above)
- You have a current Working With Children Check
Some clubs and groups may charge a club fee for coach memberships.
AV Coach Membership – FREE ($0 – must complete AA registration above)
*Coaching Accreditation is handled by Athletics Australia. The Level 1 Community Athletics Course and Level 1 Recreational Running Course include the cost of 12 months of Coaching Membership with Athletics Australia.