2022 Sport Australia Hall of Fame
Scholarship & Mentoring Program Opportunities
The Sport Australia Hall of Fame Vision is to preserve and celebrate the history of Australian Sport and to inspire all Australians to achieve their potential both in sport and life.
Tier 1 – Six successful applicants will each receive:
- One-on-one personal mentoring from a SAHOF Member
- $10,000 sporting expense grant
Tier 2 – Ten successful applicants will each receive:
- $5,000 sporting expense grant
Tier 3 – Sixteen successful applicants will each receive:
- $2,500 sporting expense grant
*Unsuccessful Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants are automatically considered for Tier 3.
Scholarship & Mentoring Program
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Eligibility
Nominations are open to all sportspersons who meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian Citizen (resident cannot apply)
- Be between the ages of 15 – 21 as of December 31 of the year applying
- Be a participant in a sport recognised by either Sport Australia, Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and/or Paralympics Australia (PA)
- Have competed at a minimum of international junior level in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- Be a member of the Australian junior or senior squad/team in their chosen sport (where applicable)
- The applicant must complete the form themselves. No third party can apply on the applicant’s behalf (if the applicant is overseas, unavailable or incapable, a third party can apply on their behalf however, must provide reason)
Tier 3 Eligibility
- Must complete an application for Tier 1 or 2
- Must show the following in their application to be considered: compassion, hardship and athletic drive.