It’s the grand final of the 2021/22 track and field season! Will your club be premiers?
Date: Saturday 5th March 2022
Entries Open: 2pm Wednesday 23rd February
Location: Lakeside Stadium
|AVSL Playoffs Provisional Timetable (3/3/22)||AVSL Entry List||Relay Team Sheets||About AVSL||ResultsHub||AV Rules and Policies|
AVSL PLAYOFFS ENTRY PROCESS
AVSL Playoffs entries have closed.
AVSL PLAYOFFS SCORING
To ensure a fair playing field, and to stop clubs monopolising entries, the AVSL Committee will impose a 100-point penalty on each Did Not Start (DNS) result an athlete receives for AVSL Playoffs. Athletes can avoid receiving this penalty in the following ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entries closing at midday on Wednesday 2nd March withdrawing from the event/s you no longer wish to compete in, therefore opening up the position to other athletes.
- Provide AV with a medical certificate between entries closing and competition day (this includes requirement to isolate due to COVID – we must receive this confirmation prior to competition)
- Provide a St Johns Patient Record Form to Administration on the day of competition
- A scratching AFTER midday Wednesday 2nd March will be treated the same as a DNS
TIMETABLE & CHECK-IN
The current provisional timetable is available above.
The 200m and 800m events have been split into sections throughout the day. Ensure that you review the entry lists published above or via ResultsHub to confirm your section.
All events will be pre-seeded and athletes will only be required at their event site 10 minutes prior to the beginning of their competition. There is no check-in process for AVSL Playoffs. This has been implemented to minimise the time athletes need to spend at the event site and within the venue.
DISTANCE EVENTS – LAP COUNTERS
Walks & 3000m athletes will still be required to supply a lap counter for their events.
There will be no call room at AVSL Playoffs athletes are to marshal at the event site no later than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
CLASH OF EVENTS
If you have a clash of events, please make your chief official at the event site aware that you will need to attend another event. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you are at the event site at the required time to compete.
The number of relay teams must be submitted 90 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, with relay team sheets to be submitted 45 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. This is to occur at Administration located at the end of the main grandstand. Athletes must have competed in three rounds of AVSL Playoffs as well as having purchased the Individual Round Entry or have an AVSL/Max Package.
- Athletes can only compete in one relay team
- If junior and master athletes compete in the same team, they will be scored as an open team (rule 4.9.6)
- Females may run in a Male relay team, but no more than 50% may be female. The relay team will be scored as a Male team.
- Clubs that run an ineligible athlete in a relay will be penalised two (2) penalty units from its score (rule 7.3)
Relays will be marked as an invitation team until the relay team sheets are submitted. This will ensure that all athletes are eligible and that points do not need to be removed if an ineligible athlete is identified.
AVSL PLAYOFF ELIGIBLITY
To compete at the AVSL Playoffs athletes must have:
- A valid performance in the event you enter in the AVSL Playoffs
- Competed in 3 or more rounds of AVSL for any event as a scoring athlete
- Athletes that have purchased an AVSL/Max Package will not need to purchase an individual round entry.
- Athletes that do not have an AVSL/Max Package will be required to purchase an individual round entry.
You can review your, or your clubs, eligibility via ResultsHub by accessing the AVSL Series and selecting the eligibility button on the left-hand side.
Athletes who have NOT OBTAINED AVSL PLAYOFF ELIGIBLITY WILL HAVE THEIR ENTRIES REMOVED AND ANY ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
Clubs in Playoff Positions
Division 1 – Essendon, Diamond Valley, Eaglehawk, Glenhuntly
Division 2 – Western Athletics, Bendigo Harriers, Keilor St Bernard’s, Wyndham
Division 3 – Wendouree, Mentone, Corio, Bellarine
Division 4 – Preston, Athletics South West, Ballarat YCW, Coburg
Division 5 – Williamstown, Ivanhoe, Maccabi, Bendigo Uni
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.
Scoring will be available on Results Hub inline with AVSL rounds 1-10. Please review results throughout the day, any queries raised must be done so on the day to Administration located on ground level at the end of the main grandstand near the finish line.
Results will be FINAL at the conclusion of AVSL Playoffs.