The 2017 Victorian All Schools Track & Field Championships are a three-day Championship event comprising of both Track & Field Events for High School students. It is the perfect way for students to take part in inter-school sport and compete against the very best.
Participating athletes have the opportunity to qualify for the 2017 Australian All Schools Track & Field Championships.
Date: Friday 3rd – Sunday 5th of November 2017
Location: Lakeside Stadium, 31-33 Aughtie Drive Albert Park
Entry & Ticket Box: Gate 1
1 Day Pass – $10.00
2 Day Pass – $15.00
3 Day Pass – $20.00
Free entry for competing athletes, AA affiliated coaches & children under 12
Please click here to review the entry list for the All School Track & Field Championships can be found here
Rules of competitions for the All School Track & Field Championships can be found here
A provisional timetable (as of 31/10/17) for the All School Track & Field Championships can be found here
Athlete Check In
Athletes must check-in at least 1 hour prior to their event in the Athlete TIC area. Athletes who do not check-in will be scratched from that event. Pole Vault athletes must check-in 90 minutes prior to the first scheduled round.
Please Note: If you are running late for Athlete Check-In for any reason and wish to contact a member of the Athletics Victoria staff on the day please contact 0447 202 160.
Insufficient athlete check-in will result in:
- Where heats, semis and finals have been scheduled in the timetable. If insufficient athletes report to the TIC by the required time for heats requiring progression to semi-finals, then the semi-finals shall be cancelled with the heats run at the HEAT TIME.
- Where heats, semis and finals or heat and finals only have been scheduled in the timetable. If insufficient athletes report to the TIC for the need to conduct heats or semi-finals, then only the athletes who reported and signed in will progress to the final. The final will be held at the heat time.
All athletes must report to the call room prior to any event in which they compete (heats, semi-finals and finals) at the times specified below. Athletes must be dressed in their competition uniform and ready to compete.
Any athlete who does not report to call room will be disqualified. In the case of a clash of events please fill out a clash of events form which can be found in the call room.
Athletes will be marshalled and their competition uniforms, bib number(s), hip numbers (if applicable), shoes and other equipment will be checked to ensure they comply with competition rules. Athletes are not allowed to leave the call room once they have checked in, until a marshal accompanies athletes to the start line. Any athlete who does not proceed to the start of the event with the marshal will not be allowed to compete.
Call Room Times
|Pole Vault||70 mins||Hurdles & Steeplechase||35 mins|
|High Jump & all throws||45 mins||All other track events||25 mins|
|Long & Triple Jump||35 mins|
Para athletes will compete together in the same event, these athletes have been separated into the U16, U18 & U20 age groups. Medals will be presented in those genders and age groups throughout the weekend. Please Note: The Australian All Schools Championships only have events for the U16 & U18 age groups for Para athletes. Only U16 & U18 age group participants will be eligible for the Vic Team.
U17 – U20 age groups: Three (3) attempts, with the top eight (8) to then get three (3) additional attempts.
U14 – U16 age groups: Three (3) attempts, with the top eight (8) to then get one (1) more attempt.
*PLEASE NOTE: In the event of a tie in the High Jump and Pole Vault events, a jump off will be used to determine placing’s if athletes are still tied after a count back.
The Victorian All Schools Championships are the selection trial for the Victorian Team contesting the Australian All School Track & Field Championships. As such, participants who do not compete at these championships will be ineligible for selection to the Victorian team.
- Athletes placing first and second in U14*, U16 and U18 events at the Victorian All Schools will be automatically selected. (Automatic Qualifier)
- Athletes placing first in U15 & U17 events will be automatically selected. (Automatic Qualifier). The U15 & U17 athletes will compete “up” an age group at the Australian All Schools (ie. U15 competes in U16 age group)
- Two Para-athletes will be selected per event in the U16 & U18 age groups. The best performed athletes as per the Athletics Australia MDS Tables will be selected. These athletes must appear on the AA Classification master list.
*U14 athletes MUST be born in 2004 or 2005 to be selected. The 3000m, 2000m steeplechase and 200m hurdles are NOT offered at the Australian All Schools Championships for the U14 age group.
HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR SELECTION
FULL PAYMENT of Team Levy and Entry Fees by 5pm on Monday 6th November via the AV member portal will confirm a team position for Automatic Qualifiers.
IMPORTANT: Athletes in Automatic Qualifying (AQ) positions will forfeit their team position if full costs are not paid by 5pm of Monday 6th November. Team positions will be re-offered to Non-Automatic Qualifiers that have completed an expression of interest form.
National All Schools Championships Team Levy
$750 plus $30 per event
The team levy covers return flights Melbourne-Adelaide-Melbourne, 3 nights accommodation, meals (excluding sun dinner), transportation and provision of Management/Coaching/Physio services.
National All Schools Knockout Team Levy
$460 plus $30 per event
The team levy covers 3 nights accommodation, meals (excluding sun dinner), transportation and provision of Management/Coaching/Physio services. Athletes will be required to make their own flight arrangements, but must check-in with Management at the Team Accommodation prior to 5pm on Thursday. Athletes will be released from the care of team management at the conclusion of the event on Sunday.
NON-AUTOMATIC QUALIFIERS: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR SELECTION
- Athletes who do not automatically qualify by way of placing, but want to be considered for Australian All Schools selection MUST nominate their interest prior to 5pm Monday 6th November – athletes who do not express interest will not be eligible for selection
Click HERE for further important information in regards to Nationals Selection.
There will be food trucks and coffee carts available at Gate 2. Lakeside Stadium will also have their kiosk open within the stadium.
Please note: Any food & beverages purchased outside the stadium cannot be brought into the stadium.
St Johns Ambulance will be on site throughout the day. They will be in the player runway which is located halfway down home straight.
There are toilet facilities access throughout the grandstands.
Car parking is available within lakeside stadium and MSAC.
Looking after Lakeside Stadium
We are very grateful for the opportunity to compete at Lakeside Stadium.
- Park only in designated parking bays
- Take home all rubbish so that we leave the venue as we found it.
- Do not litter any rubbish in the Stadium. Please use bins provided
- Make sure your athletes leave the toilet blocks in a respectable state.