The draft timetable is available on the Athletics Australia website and can be access via the link. It is a six day competition with two sessions per day – morning and evening with a long break in the afternoon. The Championships also incorporate the Perth Track & Field Classic on Saturday 12th March.
To be eligible for selection athletes must:
- Have entered the 2016 VICTORIAN JUNIOR TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS (U14-20 12th to 14th February)
- Be a current financial member of Athletics Victoria.
- Be a minimum age of 12yrs old as at 31st December 2016.
Athletes can qualify for the Victorian team by satisfying one of the following criteria:
- Any athlete that achieves the ENTRY STANDARDS in the period Jan 1st 2015 to Feb 10th 2016 is automatically qualified for the Championships provided that Performances were achieved at any event conducted by Athletics Victoria, Athletics Australia and any regional and combined school sport carnivals.
(Athletes in the U14 age group may use performances from Little Athletics or primary school sport competitions at regional or state championships level.)
Please note: Hand times are accepted and wind readings may be up to 2 m/s.
- An athlete placed in the event final in the first three places at the 2015 Victorian All Schools Championships * or the 2016 Victorian Junior Track & Field Championships.
*All Schools medallists will automatically qualify up an age group. If the next age group requires a change in implement weight/height or an increase in distance the athlete will be eligible for that event.
AGE GROUPS ARE TAKEN ON THE 31st DECEMBER 2016 (Eg. U16 athletes will be 15 years old on the 31st December 2016).
The age groups contested will be U14, U15, U16, U17, U18 & U20.
Athletes wanting to be considered for relays must do so by nominating ONLINE. ONLY athletes who have nominated will be considered. Final squads will be announced on Thursday 11th February. The relays are as follows:
- 4 x 100- U14, U16, U18 & U20 Boys and Girls
- 4 x 200- U16 Boys and Girls
- 4 x 400- U18 & U20 Boys and Girls
Relay Training will be conducted prior to the National Championships and Victorian Relay Co-ordinator Dan Martin will be in contact with all squad members.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Enter via the Athletics Victoria member portal LOGIN HERE and select the events that you wish to nominate for (including relays if you wish to be considered). Event entry is set by Athletics Australia and is $25 (inc GST) per event.
- There is a compulsory Team Management Levy of $100 which is also payable at the time of completing your application. Athletics Victoria will be sending an experienced team of managers and coaches along with a Team Physiotherapist and recovery personnel.
*Online entries must be submitted by 5.00pm on Wednesday 17th February 2016.
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
All athletes competing at the National Junior Championships must wear the Athletics Victoria competition uniform which can be purchased from our merchandise partner STAR ATHLETICS.
Samples will be available to try on at the State Junior Track and Field Championships in the Presidents Room during the State Championships.
To purchase the AV uniform the online portal will be open from 12.00pm Friday 12th February 2016 :-
- Go to the Star athletic website by following this link: Star Athletics
- Use the following login and password details:
- Once the order is made and paid for it will be sent directly to you. If you have any issues with the order, please contact STAR ATHLETICS directly who are managing this process.
ACCOMMODATION, MEALS & GROUND TRANSPORT PACKAGE – For athletes 17 and under ONLY and does not include flights which are the responsibility of each athlete:
Athletics Victoria has arranged for up to 40 beds available in two accommodation packages if athletes need to stay with Team Management. These will be allocated to the first 40 paid up applicants.
The package includes accommodation, all meals and ground transport:-
- Package 1 – 5 nights from Tues 8th March until Sunday 13th March $860
- Package 2 – 3 nights from Thurs 10th March until Sunday 13th March $580
The accommodation is fully self -contained and is approximately 25 mins from the WA track
All flights to the National Championships will be the responsibility of each athlete.
AV Team Management will depart and return on the following flights:
- Melbourne – Perth: Tuesday 8th March 2016 Virgin Flight: VA679 9:00am
- Perth – Melbourne: Sunday 13th March 2016 Virgin Flight: VA696 9:00pm (Arr Mel 3.35am 14/03)
A team bus will be at the airport at the following times to transport athletes staying with the team. Please provide your flight details to Athletics Victoria Team Manager Sean Whipp at firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming flights from Melbourne
- Tuesday 8/3/2016 10:30am- 11.30am (AV Team Management arrived in Perth)
- Tuesday 8/3/2016 1:30pm – 3.00pm
- Thursday 10/3/2016 9:30am – 11.30am
- Thursday 10/3/2016 2:00pm – 3.30pm
Outgoing flights from Perth
- Sunday 13th March 2016 Departing WA Track 3:00pm (14 seats )
- Sunday 13th March 2016 6:00pm
PLEASE ENSURE THAT FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED TO COINCIDE WITH SCHEDULED TRANSPORT TIMES.
Enquiries: All enquiries to Sean Whipp at Athletics Victoria on (03) 8646 4500, 0434 109 657 or email@example.com