Stage 4 restrictions are currently in place for Metro Melbourne. The DHHS will notify when restrictions are to be eased . Please see all relevant information below.
From 6pm on Sunday 2 August 2020 if you live in METROPOLITAN MELBOURNE the following activities, in relation to exercise, will be restricted:
- You can leave home to exercise but there are limits:
- You must not travel more than 5km from where you live to exercise.
- You can exercise with one other person you live with or a friend or family member, as long as neither of you travel more than 5km from your home. Please use common sense and limit the number of people you see in person right now. It is safer to connect with friends and family using phone calls, social media and video calls. If you are exercising with someone else, you should keep 1.5 metres distance between you. Don’t hug, kiss or shake hands.
- You must limit your exercise to once a day and for only one hour.
- If you are a parent or guardian who is caring for a young child or someone who cannot be left unattended then they may accompany you.
- Community sport: closed
- Indoor sport and recreation: closed.
- Outdoor sport: only allowed to exercise with one other person or a member of your household.
- Recreation: activities such as fishing, golf, boating, tennis, surfing and drive range shooting are not allowed.
- Outdoor sporting facilities: closed.
- Swimming pools: closed.
- Playcentres: closed.
- Playgrounds: closed.
- Community sports training and competition cannot occur within metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
- If you live in metropolitan Melbourne you cannot attend or participate in community sport elsewhere.
- People aged 18 years and younger are not exempt from this restriction
- People must wear a mask or covering whenever leaving the house. There are a few exceptions. People with a medical reason are exempt, as are children younger than 12. Those who have a professional reason are also exempt and “if it’s just not practical, like when running”, but those people will still be expected to carry a face covering at all times “to wear when you can”.
Department of Health and Human Services
Please see the following links for the Victorian DHHS information pages on current restrictions and promotional material and posters to use on social media
Are you looking for something to take your mind off all of the COVID-19 information?
World Athletics have compiled a list of the Ten Most Successful Athletics Movies of All Time
Check the list out here – our personal favourite (although not on the list) is the 1998 Cult Classic – Without Limits