Athletics Victoria is pleased to announce the release of the Selection Policy for the 2023 Target Talent Program.
The Athletics Victoria Target Talent Program (AVTTP) is Athletics Australia’s initial Talent Development strand of their High-Performance Strategy and is delivered in partnership with Athletics Victoria (AV), Athletics Australia (AA) and the Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS). The TTP has been established to:
- Act as the early talent identification component of Athletics Australia’s High-Performance Pathway;
- Inspire the best young athletes in the State by inviting them to be part of a State squad and participate in enhanced development opportunities;
- Encourage, continually challenge and develop the best local coaches through recognition and performance-based coaching workshops;
- To create meaningful contacts in the off-season between athletes, personal coaches and the AVTTP State coaching Team;
- Create a National pool of identified coaches in each event group (i.e. State Coaches who model best practice and who are supported by the AA National Coaching Pathway.
By identifying and engaging Victoria’s best junior athletes and coaches through development education opportunities, the AVTTP aims to encourage both athletes and coaches to achieve their potential and to progress through the AA High Performance Pathway, in a fun, encouraging and engaging environment
The 2023 AVTTP is open to athletes born between 2004 and 2008. (Athletes who fall outside of this date range may be considered via discretionary selection).