Dear AV Community,
Following the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 announcement on Tuesday, July 27 2021, regrettably, we have decided to cancel this weekend’s XCR Round scheduled for Ballarat due to the associated administration timescales as well as the inclement weather predicted for Ballarat and across Victoria this weekend.
The cancellation has now led us to review and address the remainder of the XCR season plans. Athletics Victoria events fall under Community Sport within the COVID-19 Public Events Framework (PEF), given the size and scale of our events. Other sports can return to participation as they operate under the Physical Recreation and Sport criteria guidelines. As the current community sport restrictions have been set in place by DHHS until Tuesday, August 10, we have decided that rather than operate a sporadic cross country and road schedule and released the following XCR scoring opportunities for all members and package holders this season.
Revised XCR’21 Calendar
– Saturday 7th August 2021 – St Annes XCR Round: Junior 4km/6km & U20/Open/Masters 8km Individual Cross Country. (Please note this event will be an individual and team scoring event)
The St Anne’s XC Round will operate under the Restricted Activity Directions for Sport and require no more than groups of 300 and comply with current density quotients. Further information will be provided to members and package holders regarding the next steps for this event.
– Sunday 15th August 2021 – Lakeside10 XCR Round: Junior 3km and Open/Masters 10km
– Saturday 28th – Bundoora State Cross Country Championships: Junior and Open age groups inc. All Schools. If required this event will also take place on 29th August 2021.
– Sunday 5th September 2021 – Burnley 5km and 15km XCR Round: Junior 5km & Open/Masters 15km
– Saturday 11th September 2021 – Tan Relays XCR Round: All Ages
– Sunday 19th September 2021 – Burnley Half Marathon: Open/Masters (Event in conjunction with Sri Chinmoy)
Events listed above will be included in the XCR and Max package offerings. Please note for Bundoora; this is not included in the junior XCR package. This will be direct entry.
Ballarat entries will be transferred to the Burnley 15k on Sunday, 5th September 2021. If you would like to seek a refund, don’t hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com.
The schedule above provides a clear pathway with emphasis on supporting transition in Cross Country towards Bundoora as well as the 3km and 10km at Albert Park, the 5km and 15km at Burnley leading into the Half Marathon and Tan Relays to round off what has been a challenging season for all involved.
We are still in unknown times across Metropolitan and Regional Victoria and hope that we do not find ourselves in another lockdown or enforced restrictions. However, with the situation ongoing in New South Wales, it is looking likely that the Australian Cross Country Championships will be pushed back later in the year. This potential change will be an ongoing situation and will inform members once plans are designated.
We thank you all for your patience and understanding as we work through the information provided to us by the Victorian Government and supporting bodies.
Stay safe, and I hope to see you on the 7th at St Anne’s.
General Manager Sport Delivery & Government