On Monday, August 10th and Thursday, August 13th, the Athletics Victoria Community Engagment Team hosted the “Future of Recreational Running Forums”. Thank you to all the clubs that contributed to the sessions, through conversations on the evenings and follow up emails since. We had a total of 25 participants across the two evenings from 17 Recreational Running Groups, from Regional Victoria and Metro Melbourne, which has given us a variety of perspectives across the Recreational Running community.
Discussions were based around the following:
Athletics Victoria wants your help in shaping how we interact with and deliver products (events, education, information) to Recreational Runners and Recreational Running Groups.
What would you like to see from AV? What do Recreational Running groups need?
Key topics raised:
- Coach development and courses
- Membership additions and benefits
- Competition offerings
- Governance support
- Policy development and implementation
- Collaboration between Recreational Running Groups
- Timing, delivery, and frequency of communication, particularly around COVID-19
We will be using the insight provided in the development of our recreational running strategy, and welcome any further feedback, comments, and suggestions from your groups.
We are preparing to launch a bi-monthly EDM designed specifically for our Recreational Running community, and will use this platform to connect you with the most up to date information from Athletics Victoria. Keep an eye out for it!
AV Community Engagment Team
Recreational Running Groups in Attendance
- Bacchus Marsh Running Club
- Crosbie Crew
- Diamond Creek Runners
- Hamilton Running Club Inc.
- Hobsons Bay Running Club
- Iron Sharpens Iron Fitness
- Knox Road Runners
- Lalor Running Club
- Lara Runners
- Melbourne Frontrunners
- Northern Runners Incorporated
- Red and Black Running Incorporated
- Shepparton Running Club
- Stawell & Ararat Cross Country Club
- Stawell Amateur Athletic Club
- TXR Runners