Date: Saturday 27th May 2023
Entries Close: Wednesday 24th May 2023, 11:59 am (Midday)
Location: St Anne’s Winery (Bendigo), 3 Belvoir Park Road, Ravenswood VIC 3453 (Google Maps)
Enormously popular in 2022, St Anne’s Bendigo is back for 2023!
St Anne’s Bendigo offers sweeping landscapes of stunning views featuring picturesque wetlands, ancient River Red Gums and vineyards. This is a runner’s paradise. Why not make a weekend of it and bring the family?
Bibs: In the 2023/24 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season, XCR and track! So please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
*All athletes are required to wear two Athletics Victoria competition bibs; one with an affixed timing chip must be pinned to the front of the athlete’s competition uniform, the other to the back.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED WITHIN ST ANNE’S WINERY
|Enter Here||XCR Season Information||Entry List (As at 23/5 – updated)||ResultsHub||AV Rules and Policies||Course map|
|12:20pm||Female U14||4km Cross Country|
|Male U14||4km Cross Country|
|12:40pm||Male U18, U20 & 60+ Short Course||4km Cross Country|
|Women U20 & 50+ Short Course||4km Cross Country|
|1:00pm||Male U16||3km Cross Country|
|Female U16 & U18||3km Cross Country|
|1:40pm||Male Open & Masters||8km Cross Country|
|2:20pm||Women Open & Masters||8km Cross Country|
Food and Beverages:
- Nosh & Bevvy will have a mobile coffee truck on site and will also serve muffins.
- St Anne’s kitchen will be open, supplying pizza and chips throughout the day.
- Wine tastings will be available in the big shed, with some sales available.
- The St Anne’s Cellar Door will be open from 9am until 5pm.
- There will be off street parking available at St Anne’s Vineyard. This will be located in a paddock off Belvoir Road 650m west of the Calder Hwy turnoff. A pedestrian pathway to the event site will begin at the south end of the paddock. There will be No Parking along Belvoir Road from the Calder Hwy to the entrance of the paddock to allow traffic to flow. Please assist by following directions of the volunteer car park marshals.
Exiting Car Park at the end of the day:
- To assist with traffic flow, cars travelling back towards Melbourne will be directed to exit the car park area and turn left onto Belvoir Road and follow the road for approx. 5km. This will take you to the Calder Alternative Hwy where you then turn left to get back to the Calder Hwy proper. For cars travelling towards Bendigo & all buses, they will be directed to turn right out of the car park onto Belvoir Road towards the Calder Hwy.
Bus Parking & Club Tent drop off:
- For those clubs who are travelling to the venue in buses and team managers who will be bringing club tents, there will be a separate car park for these vehicles. This will be located off Belvoir Road 250m from the highway.
- All club tents must be secured by weights or tent pegs. The Club Tent zone will be located near the finish line.
- Please contact Craig Morrow (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 11.15am with the first race to commence at 12.20pm.
- All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
- Any club who fails to supply Club Helpers may face disqualification for an XCR’23 event and/or lose team points for a particular competition.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of all results for each age group.
Runner’s World Under 20 XCR
- Runner’s World will generously provide vouchers for the first three placegetters for both male and female Under 20 races.
- Athletes will be running in an anti-clockwise direction as noted in the map here. There will be a run through area for the Open 8km 2nd lap. All other distances will be one lap. Courses will be reset prior to the 4km, 3km and 8km races.
- Colmed will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Athletics Victoria has an Unfavourable Weather Policy in place for the 2023 On XCR season. Please note we will let athletes and team managers know any information regarding this before the day or make announcements on the morning of the event. Please listen out for these throughout the day for any extreme weather announcements.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
If you have issues entering the event, please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on (03) 7032 8400 and pressing 1 for the Sport Delivery Team. Please leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.