Date: Sunday 7th May 2023
Entries Close: Wednesday 3rd May 2023, 11:59 am (Midday)
REMINDER: All XCR & Max Package holders must enter each individual event via the AV Entry Portal.
Location: Lakeside Stadium, Albert Park, VIC 3206 (Map here)
Welcome to what could be Australia’s flattest 10km road race, the Lakeside:10.
In the picturesque inner-city Albert Park precinct, the Lakeside:10 includes two laps out and back from Lakeside Stadium to Junction Oval on Lakeside Drive. You’ll then finish inside Melbourne’s premier Athletics arena, Lakeside Stadium!
The Lakeside:10 is the perfect opportunity for you to hit that 10km goal, run a quick time or simply enjoy the lake’s picturesque surroundings.
- Colmed will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line, and also situated out on the track during the event. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Athletics Victoria has an Unfavourable Weather Policy in place for the upcoming 2023 On XCR season. Please note we will let athletes and team managers know any information regarding this before the day or make announcements on the morning of the event. Please listen out for these throughout the day for any extreme weather announcements.
Thinking of taking public transport? Lakeside Stadium is easily accessible via tram. The Number 12 tram begins from Victoria Gardens, through the CBD via Collins Street, then travels through Clarendon Street in South Melbourne. This tram stops on the corner of Clarendon Street and Albert Road – directly opposite Lakeside Stadium. Trams number 1 and 96 will get you close to the start line as well. A map of the metropolitan tram network can be found here.
‘Net’ times as well as ‘gun’ times will be available for this event. Due to the popularity of Lakeside:10 the athlete times will be taken from the time the starter fires the starting gun, as well as from when the athlete crosses the starting line at the beginning of the race. These will be available from Results Hub.
Bibs: In the 2023/24 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season – use them for both XCR and track! So please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
*All athletes are required to wear two Athletics Victoria competition bibs; one with an affixed timing chip must be pinned to the front of the athlete’s competition uniform, the other to the back.
Non-members: Bibs can be collected on the day at the administration tent at the entrance at Gate 1.
|8:20am**||Women U14||3km Road Race|
|Men U14||3km Road Race|
|Women U16||3km Road Race|
|Men U16||3km Road Race|
|Women U18||3km Road Race|
|8:59am||Wheelchair Open||10km Road Race|
|9:00am**||Men U18||10km Road Race|
|Men U20||10km Road Race|
|Women U20||10km Road Race|
|Women Open, 40+ & 50+||10km Road Race|
|Men Open, 40+, 50+ & 60+||10km Road Race|
|Presentations: Individual Awards 3km Event||W U14, M U14, W U16, M U16, W U18|
|Presentations: Individual Awards 10km Event||W Open, W Open Country, W U20, W 40+, W 45+, W 50+, W 55+, W 60+|
M Open, M Open Country, M U18, M U20, M 40+, M 45+, M 50+, M 55+, M 60+
**Start times and race format for this event may be adjusted in the lead up to the event.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available promptly for the presentation. The presentation area will be located near the finish line.
- Lakeside Cafe will open for coffee and light refreshments at 7am. The cafe is located just inside Gate 1 and does not accept cash payments.
- Toilets will be located inside Lakeside Stadium, in both grandstands. There are a small number of toilets in the Albert Park grounds, near Gate 1 and on the lake edge between the Lakeside carpark and Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre.
- A map of toilets within Lakeside Stadium can be found here.
The Boatshed Cafe will be open on Sunday morning for coffee and light meals. Situated on Albert Park lake on the warm up track side of Lakeside Stadium, the Boatshed Cafe provides great views and a relaxing post race atmosphere.
Bag Drop Tent:
There will be a bag drop tent adjoining the administration/admin tent at the Gate 1 entrance. Patrons will need to provide their bib number for identification, and also to pick up their belongings.
Keep It Clean:
- Please take any rubbish you have with you. In particular we ask that you keep public roads (Lakeside Drive, Albert Road Drive) clear of energy gel waste.
- Car parking is available in the areas surrounding Lakeside Stadium. Please note that parking fees may apply.
- There are a limited number of parking machines for large crowds at Lakeside Stadium, and there may be a line or longer than expected wait for tickets at parking machines. Please factor this in when planning your trip.
- Athletics Victoria accepts no responsibility for parking infringements and/or incidents that may occur at Lakeside10.
- Athletes are not to warm up on any part of the track. Please do not cross the track while an event is in process.
Clubs must provide helpers in accordance with the duty roster.
Please contact Andrea Hallett (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties.
Any club who fails to supply Club Helpers may face disqualification for an XCR’23 event and/or lose team points for a particular competition.
Due to another event at Lakeside Stadium following the On Lakeside 10, it is a requirement that the stadium is cleared by Athletics Victoria by 11:30am. Any runners finishing after 90 minutes may find some decorations have been packed away by Athletics Victoria staff to facilitate this.
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to email@example.com or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on (03) 7032 8400 and pressing 1 for the Sport Delivery Team. Please leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.