Date: Saturday 20th August 2022
Entries Close: Closed
Location: Lake Wendouree, Ballarat, VIC 3350
The traditional stomping ground of XCR legend Steve Moneghetti, Lake Wendouree, provides the backdrop for this fast-paced event, with Open completing 15km courses and Juniors 6km. After the race, stay on and enjoy the best that Ballarat and the surrounding Goldfields offer, including the Eureka Centre, Sovereign Hill, the Gold Museum and the Botanical Gardens.
In 2022, package holders are not automatically entered into XCR events. Each member will need to sign up for each round they wish to participate in.
Bibs: In the 2022/23 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
|1:30pm||Women U14||6km Road Race|
|Women U16||6km Road Race|
|Women U18||6km Road Race|
|Women U20 & 50+ Short Course||6km Road Race|
|Men U14||6km Road Race|
|Men U16||6km Road Race|
|Men U18||6km Road Race|
|Men U20 & 60+ Short Course||6km Road Race|
For athletes who cannot complete the course within the 80 minute time frame
|15km Road Race|
|2:30pm||Women Open, 40+ & 50+||15km Road Race|
|Men Open, 40+, 50+ & 60+||15km Road Race|
|Presentations||All Junior Categories|
|Presentations||All Open Categories|
- Presentations will be carried out once all results have been verified after each race.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
15km Start & Lap 1 course change:
- Due to the St Patricks carpark driveway deemed unusable for the turnaround for lap 1 of the 15km course, there has been a change to the turnaround for lap one and the start location to cater for the distance lost on this part of the course. The 15km race will now start at the same location as the 6km race, adjacent to the Administration area rotunda, and head in a southerly direction. (The 6km race heads in a northerly direction). Athletes will not turn into the west entry to the St Patricks carpark, but will continue east along Wendouree Parade and perform a turnaround near the western exit of the St Patricks carpark and then back towards the start line on the left hand side of the road for approx 300m where they will then move back onto the right hand side of the road and continue towards the start/finish area and commence their first full lap of the Lake. Click here for a copy of the updated course and course marshal’s locations.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available promptly for the presentation. The presentation area will be located at the marquee adjacent to the Rotunda between the Start & Finish Lines.
St Anne’s Winery Strava Segment Competition:
- St Anne’s Winery have once again generously sponsored this event. The fastest male and fastest female on each segment for the 15km race will be awarded a prize.
- Coffee for a Cause will be selling coffee and Ballarat East Community Men’s Shed will holding a BBQ.
- Toilets will be located to the north of the start line on Wendouree Parade on the west side of the road.
Keep It Clean:
- We ask that you keep the area around the start/finish & club tent areas clear of rubbish. Please take any rubbish you have with you when you depart.
- Please be aware tents & marquees cannot be anchored into the ground using tent pegs. Only weights are to be used to anchor.
- Car parking is available in the areas surrounding Lake Wendouree. Please note as there are road closures in place from 11.30am – 4.30pm and you will only be allowed to drive around the lake in a clockwise direction at this time. Please note that there may be time limits on parking.
- Athletics Victoria accepts no responsibility for parking infringements and/or incidents that may occur at Lakeside10.
- Athletes are requested not to warm up on the road near the start finish area, especially before the 15km start. There is a running track around the Lake, however please respect the general public on this pathway. Be cautious of cars moving in a clockwise direction along Wendouree Parade.
- If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to email@example.com or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8403 (Craig Wallace) and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.