Date: Sunday 7th August 2022
Location: Lakeside Stadium, Albert Park, VIC 3206 (Map here)
Bib Collection: On event day at the AV Admin Tent (event info to be sent via email on Friday, 5 August)
Welcome to what could be Australia’s flattest 10km road race, the Lakeside:10.
In the picturesque inner-city Albert Park precinct, the Lakeside:10 includes two laps out and back from Lakeside Stadium to Junction Oval on Lakeside Drive. You’ll then finish inside Melbourne’s premier Athletics arena, Lakeside Stadium!
The Lakeside:10 is the perfect opportunity for you to hit that 10km goal, run a quick time or simply enjoy the lake’s surroundings.
In 2022, package holders are not automatically entered into XCR events. Each member will need to sign up for each round they wish to participate in.
Lakeside Stadium Cafe will be open from 7 am to provide coffee and light refreshment. The cafe is located just inside Gate 1.
The FAMILY3k run/walk is for the whole family and friends. Starting from just $20, you and your family can take advantage of closed roads and big event atmosphere across three fantastic locations.
FAMILY3k encourages everyone to get out and about in a non-competitive environment, focusing on personal achievement, with each participant receiving a medal to celebrate their success.
Important Note: Runners participating in this FAMILY3k who have not reached the 2km point after 20 minutes will be given an alternate route to the finish to avoid a clash with the start of the 10km event.
Hit the green button below to sign up!
Bibs: In the 2022/23 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
|8:20am**||Women U14||3km Road Race|
|Men U14||3km Road Race|
|Women U16||3km Road Race|
|Men U16||3km Road Race|
|Women U18||3km Road Race|
|8:59am||Wheelchair Open||10km Road Race|
|9:00am**||Men U18||10km Road Race|
|Men U20||10km Road Race|
|Women U20||10km Road Race|
|Women Open, 40+ & 50+||10km Road Race|
|Men Open, 40+, 50+ & 60+||10km Road Race|
|Presentations: Individual Awards 3km Event||W U14, M U14, W U16, M U16, W U18, W U20|
|Presentations: Individual Awards 10km Event||W Open, M Open, M U18, M U20, W 40+, M 40+, W 45+, M 45+, W 50+, W 55+, M 50+, M 55+, M 60+|
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
**Start times and race format for this event may be adjusted following further announcements from the Victorian Government. Once entries are closed, a risk assessment will be undertaken and members notified of any change.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available promptly for the presentation. The presentation area will be located at the marquee near the finish line.
St Anne’s Winery Strava Segment Competition:
- St Anne’s Winery have once again generously sponsored this event. The fastest male and fastest female on each segment for the 10km race will be awarded a prize.
- Lakeside Cafe will open for coffee and light refreshments at 7am. The cafe is located just inside Gate 1 and does not accept cash payments.
- Toilets will be located inside Lakeside Stadium, in the northern grandstand.
Keep It Clean:
- Please take any rubbish you have with you. In particular we ask that you keep public roads (Lakeside Drive, Albert Road Drive) clear of energy gel waste.
- Car parking is available in the areas surrounding Lakeside Stadium. Please note that parking fees may apply.
- Athletics Victoria accepts no responsibility for parking infringements and/or incidents that may occur at Lakeside10.
- Athletes are not to warm up on any part of the track. Please do not cross the track while an event is in process.
- Clubs must provide helpers in accordance with the duty roster.
- Please contact Andrea Hallett (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties.
- Any club who fails to supply Club Helpers may face disqualification for an XCR’22 event and/or lose team points for a particular competition.
The 19th Hole
Distance – 1.60km
Kicking down to the Stadium
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8403 (Craig Wallace). Please leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.