Date: Saturday 23rd July 2022
Entries Close: Wednesday 20th July 2022, 11:59am (Midday)
Location: Bundoora Park, Bundoora, VIC 3083
Bundoora Park hosts the selection trials for the Australian Cross Country Championships. This bumper day of cross country racing also incorporates the Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships. The open and overage men’s and women’s race covers 10km of the gruelling slopes of Bundoora Park. Juniors race over 3km, 4km, 6km, or 8km in the Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships accessible here.
In 2022, package holders are not automatically entered into XCR events. Each member will need to sign up for each round they wish to participate in.
Doncaster Athletic Club will be on site during the day with a BBQ and sweets throughout the day and Mocha Monkey will once again be providing coffee.
2022 Australian Cross Country Championships Selection Information
Bibs: In the 2022/23 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
|2022 Australian Cross Country Championships Information||Course Maps||XCR’22 Handbook||ResultsHub||AV Rules and Policies|
|10:00am||Girls U14 – Vic All Schools||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|Girls Para(U15, U17, U20) & Women Open Para||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|10:20am||Boys U14 – Vic All Schools||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|Boys Para(U15, U17, U20) & Men Open Para||3km||1x1km, 1x2km|
|10:40am||Girls U15 – Vic All Schools||4km||2x2km|
|Girls U16 – Vic All Schools||4km||2x2km|
|11:00am||Boys U15 – Vic All Schools||4km||2x2km|
|Boys U16 – Vic All Schools||4km||2x2km|
|11:20am||Girls U17 – Vic All Schools||4km||2x2km|
|Girls U18 – Vic All Schools||4km||2x2km|
|11:45pm||Boys U17 – Vic All Schools||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|Boys U18 – Vic All Schools||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|12:20pm||Girls U20||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|Women 50+(Short Course)||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|Men 60+(Short Course)||6km||1x2km, 1x4km|
|1:35pm||Women Open & Masters||10km||1x2km, 2x4km|
|2:35pm||Men Open & Masters||10km||1x2km, 2x4km|
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.
- Athletes are not to warm up on any part of the course. Please ensure where possible athletes physically distance while warming up.
- Please contact Craig Morrow (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 11.45am unless otherwise stated in the roster. All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
- Athletes will be running in an anti-clockwise direction as noted in the Course Map (can be viewed below via link)
- Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the course and any alternate directions required as part of the 3km, 6km & 10km courses.
- All marquees must be secured by weights. The Marquee zones are noted below and will be marked on the day.
- St Johns will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available for presentation – located at the Officials marquee.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
**Junior age groups are to enter the 2022 Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8400 (Craig Wallace) and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.