Date: Saturday 18th June 2022
Entries Close: Wednesday 15th June 2022, 11:59 am (Midday)
Location: Cruden Farm, Langwarrin, VIC 3910
The 2022 Heritage Round is at Cruden Farm, hosting 8km and 12km distances. The grounds of Cruden Farm offer athletes a challenging course with a mixture of different terrains to accompany the beautiful areas encompassing the farm. This event is an excellent opportunity for clubs to showcase their history, and we encourage athletes to do so again in 2022.
In 2022, package holders are not automatically entered into XCR events. Each member will need to sign up for each round they wish to participate in.
Bibs: In the 2022/23 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
|12:00pm||Women U14||5km Cross Country|
|Men U14||5km Cross Country|
|12:30pm||Women U16||6km Cross Country|
|Women U18||6km Cross Country|
|Men U16||6km Cross Country|
|Men U20||6km Cross Country|
|1:00pm||Men U18||8km Cross Country|
|Men 60+ (Short Course)||8km Cross Country|
|Women U20||8km Cross Country|
|Women 50+ (Short Course)||8km Cross Country|
|1:20pm||Early Starters||12km Cross Country|
|For athletes who cannot complete the course within the 90-minute time frame|
|1:50pm||Women Open & Masters||12km Cross Country|
|Men Open & Masters||12km Cross Country|
Please view the lap column in conjunction with the course map located here or in the Important Information section of this page.
Access and Car Parking:
- All athletes, officials and club helpers can gain access to Cruden Farm via the entry on Cranhaven Road. Please note there will be NO access to the venue via McClelland drive.
- Car parking is available in the allocated parking area only and it is requested that all patrons follow the directions of those marshals managing the area.
- Please note that dogs are not allowed at Cruden Farm.
- All registered athletes are required to wear the approved uniform of their athletics club, or its heritage variant.
- All athletes must wear bibs on their front and back.
- All athletes are required to wear two Athletics Victoria competition bibs; one with an affixed timing chip must be pinned to the front of the athlete’s competition uniform, the other to the back.
- Bibs can be collected from the ADMIN tent on the day.
- For those already issued bibs, the small bib is for your front, the larger bib is for your back.
- Please ensure you bring both bibs to every event.
- In the 2022/23 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
- If you have lost or forgotten your bibs, please see the staff at administration, where you will be able to purchase a temporary or full replacement set.
- Please note that bib sales at this event will be cashless. Only card payments will be taken.
- Athletes are not to warm up on the garden or any part of the course. The trail nearby the marked venue entry will be available for athletes to warm up. Please ensure where possible you physically distance.
- Athletes are required to marshal for their event no later than five minutes prior to their allocated start line.
- All club tents must be secured by weights or tent pegs. The Club Tent zone will be located south of the finish line.
- Please contact Andrea Hallett (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 11.00am with the first race to commence at 12.00pm.
- All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
- Any club who fails to supply club helpers may face disqualification for this and/or further XCR’22 events.
There will be two briefings by the Competition Director for officials & team Managers at the Finish line:
- Course Marshals – 11:15am (If your club is allocated to a marshal point, please ensure that this person attends the briefing).
- Team Managers & all other Officials – 11:30am (One representative from each club will need to attend the Team managers briefing and this is the time to ask any questions regarding the day to the competition director).
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available for presentation – located adjacent to the club tent area.
- Athletes will be running in a clockwise direction as noted in the course map included in the Important Information section of this page.
- Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the course and any alternate directions required as part of the 5km, 6km and 12km courses.
- St Johns will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Mocha Monkey will be on site selling coffee, muffins, and snacks on the day.
- Athletics Victoria has an Unfavourable Weather Policy in place for the upcoming XCR’22 season. Please note we will let athletes and team managers know any information regarding this before the day or make announcements on the morning of the event. Please listen out for these throughout the day for any extreme weather announcements.
- Check out the Athletics Victoria XCR 2022 – Season Schedule here! Entries for the rest of the XCR season are now open via the Members Portal.
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8403 (Craig Wallace) and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government