Date: Saturday 28th May 2022
Entries Close: Entries have closed for this event.
Location: St Anne’s Winery (Bendigo), 3 Belvoir Park Road, Ravenswood VIC 3453 (Google Maps)
What a way to kick-start the 2022 XCR individual rounds!
St Anne’s Bendigo offers sweeping landscapes of stunning views featuring picturesque wetlands, ancient River Red Gums and vineyards. This is a runner’s paradise. Why not make a weekend of it and bring the family, and take part in the FAMILY3K walk/run.
St. Anne’s winery will have a fully licensed bar operating in The Big Shed, with live music from duo Harlequin from 12-3 pm. With an array of food available by St Anne’s (Beef Brisket Burger, Kransky & Pizza) and Big Red Food Van (Fish & Chips, Chicken Tenders & Chicken Schnitzels) as well as complimentary wine tasting, St Anne’s cellar door will operate for the event.
Bibs: In the 2022/23 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season. Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED WITHIN ST ANNE’S WINERY
|12:20pm||Women U14||4km Cross Country|
|Men U14||4km Cross Country|
|12:40pm||Men U18||4km Cross Country|
|Men U20||4km Cross Country|
|Men 60+ Short Course||4km Cross Country|
|Women U20||4km Cross Country|
|Women 50+ Short Course||4km Cross Country|
|1:00pm||Men U16||3km Cross Country|
|Women U16||3km Cross Country|
|Women U18||3km Cross Country|
|Family3 Run/Walk||3km Cross Country|
|1:40pm||Men Open, 40+, 50+ & 60+||XCR 8km Cross Country|
|2:20pm||Women Open, 40+ & 50+||8km Cross Country|
- There will be off street parking available at St Annes Vineyard. This will be located in a paddock off Belvoir Road 650m west of the Calder Hwy turnoff. A pedestrian pathway to the event site will begin at the south end of the paddock. There will be No Parking along Belvoir Road from the Calder Hwy to the entrance of the paddock to allow traffic to flow. Please assist by following directions of the volunteer car park marshals.
Exiting Car Park at the end of the day:
- To assist with traffic flow, cars travelling back towards Melbourne will be directed to exit the car park area and turn left onto Belvoir Road and follow the road for approx. 5km. This will take you to the Calder Alternative Hwy where you then turn left to get back to the Calder Hwy proper. For cars travelling towards Bendigo & all buses, they will be directed to turn right out of the car park onto Belvoir Road towards the Calder Hwy.
Bus Parking & Club Tent drop off:
- For those clubs who are travelling to the venue in buses and team managers who will be bringing club tents, there will be a separate car park for these vehicles. This will be located off Belvoir Road 250m from the highway.
- All club tents must be secured by weights or tent pegs. The Club Tent zone will be located near the finish line.
- Please contact Andrea Hallett (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 11.15am with the first race to commence at 12.20pm.
- All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available.
- Any club who fails to supply Club Helpers may face disqualification for an XCR’22 event and/or lose team points for a particular competition.
- There will be two briefings by the Competition Director for officials & team Managers at the Finish line:
- Course Marshals only – 11:45am
- If your club is allocated a marshal point, please ensure that person is at this briefing.
- Team Managers & all other Officials – 12:00pm
- One representative from each club will need to attend the Team managers briefing and this is the time to ask any questions regarding the day to the competition director.
- For individuals who have not yet received their bibs can pick them up from the Admin area at the big shed. If you have misplaced your bibs and require a replacement bib please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- For further information regarding Bibs including Bibs already distributed please click here Bibs Information.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of all results for each age group.
- Athletes will be running in an anti-clockwise direction as noted in the map here. There will be a run through area for the Open 8km 2nd lap. All other distances will be one lap. Courses will be reset prior to the 4km, 3km and 8km races.
- St Johns will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- An array of food available by St Anne’s (Beef Brisket Burger, Kransky & Pizza) and Big Red Food Van (Fish & Chips, Chicken Tenders & Chicken Schnitzels) as well as complimentary wine tasting. St Anne’s cellar door will operate for the event. Coffee will also be available from Coffee Storm.
- Athletics Victoria has an Unfavourable Weather Policy in place for the upcoming XCR’22 season. Please note we will let athletes and team managers know any information regarding this before the day or make announcements on the morning of the event. Please listen out for these throughout the day for any extreme weather announcements.
- Check out the Athletics Victoria XCR 2022 – Season Schedule here! Entries for the rest of the XCR season are now open via the Members Portal.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to email@example.com or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8403 (Craig Wallace). Please leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.