Date: Saturday 22nd July 2023
Entries Close: Wednesday 19th July 2023, 11:59am (Midday)
Entries for Victoria All Schools Cross Country on this day will close Monday 17th July 2023 at 9am.
Bundoora Park hosts the selection trials for the Australian Cross Country Championships. This bumper day of cross country racing also incorporates the Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships. The open and overage men’s and women’s race covers 10km of the grueling slopes of Bundoora Park. Juniors race over 3km, 4km, 6km, or 8km in the Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships accessible here.
In 2023, package holders are not automatically entered into XCR events. Each member will need to sign up for each round they wish to participate in.
2023 Australian Cross Country Championships Selection Information
Bibs: In the 2023/24 season, there will be no cloth bibs issued. We are committed to reducing our footprint on the environments we use. Your new timing bibs are now made from hardier material, designed to last the whole season – use them for both XCR and track! Please ensure you care for your bibs, e.g. do not machine wash, do not fold. Lost or damaged bibs will incur a new bib fee.
U20 athletes that are also competing for their school MUST aware their All Schools allocated bib that can be collected from the Administration area. Please do so 30 minutes prior to event start time to ensure you are ready for the race.
Non-Member/Recreation Runner entries must also collect their bib from administration prior to running. These athletes will only be allocated a front timing chip bib for the day.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.
- We encourage all participants to arrive EARLY as there will be a premium on parking and access within Bundoora Park with the All Schools Championships running in the morning. We encourage carpooling where possible with Public Transport also available via Tram 86 running every 15 minutes from Southern Cross Station, with a stop approx. 15 minute walk from the start line.
- Athletes are not to warm up on any part of the course. Please ensure where possible athletes physically distance while warming up.
- Please contact Andrea Hallett (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding communicated club helper duties. Officials and club helpers are required to sign in at administration by 11am unless otherwise stated in the roster. All helpers will be given a voucher for the coffee van on upon sign in, with light snacks made available. A briefing will be held for the Course Marshals at 11:25am at Administration. All other club helpers are to sign in no later than 12 noon.
- Athletes will be running in an anti-clockwise direction as noted in the Course Map (can be viewed below via link)
- Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the course and any alternate directions required as part of the 3km, 6km & 10km courses.
Coffee & Food:
- Mocha Monkey will be onsite offering coffee and tea throughout the day
- Doncaster Athletics Club will be running a BBQ during both the All Schools and XCR events. Credit Card Facilities will be available. Unfortunately they are unable to provide vegan or gluten-free options on the day due.
- All marquees must be secured by weights. The marquee zones are noted below and will be marked on the day.
- First Aid will be on site throughout the day. They will be situated at the start/finish line. If anyone needs first aid, please ask an official/club helper to radio through and first aid will be out to help.
- Presentations will be carried out following the verification of results for each event.
- If you have finished in the top three in your respective event, please ensure that you make yourself available for presentation – located at the Officials marquee.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
**Junior age groups are to enter the 2023 Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date. This can be done via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Athletics Victoria office on 7032 8400 and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries. Emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.