Date: Sunday 6th December 2020
Entries Close: Wednesday 2nd December 2020, 11:59am (Midday)
Location: Knox (Sprint hurdles); Nunawading (Long hurdles)
High Velocity Club is a short and fast format competition for sprinters, hurdlers and jumpers!
2020 has seen a number of changes to the way in which our sport is delivered, and to ensure that there are opportunities exist for hurdlers, High Velocity Club Hurdles is set to be introduced.
Set to be staged across two venues, one for sprint hurdles and one for long, HVC Hurdles will immediately follow the completion of AVSL in two short sessions.
Hurdle events conducted at HVC Hurdles will not score points for AVSL.
Unfortunately, this year’s increase to four metropolitan AVSL venues has had an impact on the availability of surplus equipment including spare photo finish cameras (All cameras are now in operation to conduct AVSL); which would otherwise enable us to operate a secondary camera on the back straight. With decrease in resources, and limitations on the setup at venues, the HVC Hurdles meets will be conducted in the same direction as the preceding AVSL meet on the home straight.
For meet 2, Nunawading will host the long hurdles, with Knox the short.
Following close of entries, the number of sessions on offer for hurdles has reduced. Please check the below timetables and draws for updated race times.
Athletes will be granted access to the venue at 1:45pm following the last session of AVSL and be given a short warm up period before races commence.
Please make sure you have downloaded the CS Sports App before arriving at the venue. It’s important to note that check-in and check-out are mandatory. The CS Sports App can be downloaded from Google Play or Apple App Store at the buttons below.
- Please ensure you wear a mask before and after competing. No Mask, No Entry. Masks are mandatory at our events to decrease risk.
- Check your race time, and your session entry time. Please note that this season there will be no mobile phone number to call. If you are late for your session, we may not be able to allocate you to a later session due to availability on the day.
- Make sure your mobile device has QR scanning code capabilities and download the CS Sports App before you arrive at the venue. Mandatory check-in processes will be in operation. You can download the CS Sports App on Google Play or the Apple App Store at the above buttons.
- Warmup within the venue will be restricted. To adhere with the COVID mandates, we ask that you get into the venue, compete in your event, and then quickly make your way out of the venue.
- Please keep all personal belongings in your vehicle. There will be no baggage service at High Velocity Club Hurdles venues.
- A cap of 500 patrons will be allowed to enter a venue/premises. This number will be limited to a group size of 50 people at one time. It is still a requirement to maintain a one (1) person per 4m2 distancing rule.
- Spectators will be limited to two (2) per participant.
- Maintain a one (1) person per 4m2 distancing rule. Please keep 1.5m apart.
- If you feel or have felt unwell, please stay at home.
*Please note that this event and its offerings are subject to change in alignment with advice from the Victorian Government
|Short Hurdles Timetable||Short Hurdles Draw||Long Hurdles Timetable||Long Hurdles Draw||ResultsHub||AV Rules and Policies||DHHS Guidelines for Sport and Exercise|
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable which will take the place of the Draft Timetable.