Dear AV Community,
We hope you are all doing as best you can in the current conditions.
Please see an update below regarding Lakeside:10 and changes to Regional Victoria.
For Metropolitan Melbourne Residents
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions for Metropolitan Melbourne, we have regretfully decided to cancel this weekend’s XCR Round, Lakeside:10, at Albert Park.
It is unclear whether Metropolitan Melbourne will come out of the current lockdown at midnight on Thursday, 12th August 2021. In light of the timescales associated with receiving the Restricted Activity Directions for Sport, this does not provide adequate time to fulfil our obligations under the Operational and Risk Management Framework.
On Monday 9th August 2021, the Victorian government announced that the five reasons to leave home would be removed in Regional Victoria. For our sport, this means;
Physical Recreation & Sport:
– Open. Maximum patron cap of 100 people per space indoors and 300 per space outdoors.
– Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm.
– COVID Check-in Marshals must ensure attendees check-in.
– Open for all ages, training, and competition. The density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies
– The above is limited to the minimum number of people required to participate in and facilitate the activity (i.e. players, coaches)
– Spectators are not allowed (excludes people necessary for events such as teachers, instructors, trainers, coaches, umpires, carers, parents, and guardians).
Please be advised that all standard COVIDSafe measures are required in addition to the above guidelines.
No travel is permitted from Metropolitan Melbourne to regional Victoria to participate in sport.
Club/Event Organisers must provide a COVIDsafe Plan, in advance of training and competition, to Athletics Victoria via emailing email@example.com. These plans must include track and trace processes and mandatory COVIDSafe practices outlined by the Victorian Government. Organisers must also seek approval from the local council if the venue/facility is council-owned/managed.
The community’s safety remains at the forefront. We will contact all members and package holders regarding the remainder of the XCR season as government information is issued.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, thank you for your continued support.