We are so excited to see you back on track for the start of 2021. Life has changed in many ways for people over the past year, however we are now in a position to transition back to the previous AVSL format.
The State Government and DHHS have approved our plan that will see AVSL return to two (2) metropolitan venues and three (3) country/regional venues from the 16th January 2021.
Health and safety measures will remain at the forefront when organising these events and we ask all stakeholders to support the guidelines and information published in correspondence.
The most recent iteration of AVSL event offerings will see the inclusion of all track and field disciplines with strict guidelines and processes aligned with the health and safety standards outlined by the Victorian Government.
For more information on what steps to follow and processes to adhere to click on the AVSL Event Guide button below.
How it works in 2021
- There will be six (6) rounds of AVSL commencing 16th January 2021 – March 2021. This will be a continuation from rounds 1-4 in 2020.
- 2 Metro venues and 3 Regional venues will operate each week
- Each venue will host an events program where you will be able to participate in all events on offer. See timetables below.
- Open to all individuals – junior, open, masters, able-bodied and para-athletes
- Members can compete at any venue and will be eligible for AVSL points
- For AVSL points scoring, athletes best three (3) individual performances and relay performance will be scored and contribute towards club points
- No entries on the day will accepted
- Teachers/School Coaches, please contact Athletics Victoria if you wish to register your students for AVSL rounds at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Student & Trialling Athlete information is available by clicking here
- For more information relating to events please refer to the AVSL Events Guide and or the Rules of Competition.
What do I need to do pre-event?
How to enter
After purchasing your membership – see membership steps here – you will be eligible to purchase an AVSL entry:
- Go to www.athsvic.org.au and select Members Portal
- Log into your account
- On the Home Page, select the EVENTS tab
- Choose the ROUND and the VENUE (Please be advised that opportunities are limited and are on a first come first serve basis)
- Select your preferred event and proceed to the shopping cart
- If you have an AVSL Package, your entry will be $0 – you must complete the transaction otherwise your entry will not be submitted!
- Check out and pay for your entry if you don’t have an AVSL Package.
- You will receive an EVENT ENTRY CONFIRMATION EMAIL shortly after registering (check your junk mail if it’s not in your inbox).
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE CS SPORTS APP BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE VENUE
CHECK-IN AND OUT IS MANDATORY
CS Sports App can be downloaded from Google Play or Apple App Store
For more information click on the AVSL Guide button under the AVSL 2020-21 section above.
What do I need to do on event day?
- Arrive and park in the external car park
- All patrons must complete COVID-19 QR scanning on entry to the venue
- Athletes will be able to collect membership/bibs on arrival at check-in
- It is advised that Training/warm-up be completed outside the venue however opportunity may be provided within the premises if the venue has adequate provision to do so.
- Participants will proceed directly through to the venue after completing entry checks.
- On the track, athletes must report in 10 mins before the event time. It is assumed that all athletes are competing therefore if you no longer wish to compete, the event will operate with a blank lane.
- In the field, athletes must report to the event site in adequate time. The official will have pre-registered field sheets for each session. Once you report in, the official will sign you in, and allow you to compete.
- If you no longer wish to compete in field events, you must advise the Administration Team (not the team at the finish line) that you wish to scratch, this will allow those participants on the waiting list the free spot.
- Once athletes complete their events, athletes will be asked to transition through a ‘Sanitise Station’ before moving to the next event.
- All patrons will be asked to exit through the egress point once events.
- Please be advised that venues must not exceed 1000 patrons and patrons are advised to maintain social distancing at all times and apply a face mask if distancing cannot be maintained.
- NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY WILL BE ACCEPTED
Where can I compete?
Athletes will now be eligible from AVSL Round 5 onwards to compete at any of the five (5) venues across Metropolitan and /Country Regional zones. All members will be eligible to score AVSL points. Please note members can only score once in an event.
What COVIDsafe principles do I need to follow?
- You must have a mask on your person at all times. Wear a mask or face covering (government permitted face coverings only) if social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Do not attend if you feel sick or unwell
- Maintain physical distancing (1per 2msq)
- Cough and sneeze into tissue or elbow
- Keep good hand hygiene at all times
- Do not spit or blow nasal fluid at any time within the venue
Please see the below draft table for AVSL rounds 5-10. Timetables are subject to change. A final provisional timetable will be published on the Friday before each round.
We will monitor the health and safety information provided by the State Government as it is released – and will advise of changes if and when required.