Athletics Victoria is currently calling for applications for the 2021 Australian Marathon Championships, set to be held in conjunction with the 2021 Gold Coast Marathon on Sunday, July 4th.
Please see the important information below.
Relevant points regarding eligibility:
– Each State and Territory Member Association can select up to six (6) male and six (6) female representatives. The top three finishers in each team scoring points towards their state team result.
– Understanding athletes may not have had many opportunities to run a marathon time in the past 18 months, states may exercise discretion over team selection. However, athletes must have demonstrated proven ability to complete the marathon within the entry standard times below:
Minimum qualifying/consideration standards:
– The Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon will provide all athletes selected in their State or Territory team with the following:
– Free race entry (AV will provide an entry code for anyone who hasn’t entered once we are advised of the team selections or refund anyone who has already entered)
– Seeded (elite) race number – allowing all state team runners to start in the first group at the front of the field)
– Access to the elite athlete area in the Gold Coast Aquatic Centre pre-and post-race on Sunday, July 4th
– Opportunity to have personal refreshments placed on course at any/each of the refreshment stations (eight in total approx. every 5km)
How Do I Apply? Please email Sean Whipp at email@example.com
When will AV close nominations?
Nominations will close on Sunday, May 16th, at 11:59 pm.