Friday 18 May & Sunday 20th May 2018
Course and Resources Fee – $330
This course combines the Level 1 Community Athletics Coach and Level 2 Intermediate Club Coach courses over one weekend to fast-track your athletics coaching education.
The Level 1 Community Athletics Coach course is designed to:
- Develop the general principles of coaching: communication, group management, safety, organisation & instruction.
- Provide practical coaching strategies to encourage the development of the sport’s fundamental skills -running, jumping and throwing.
The Level 2 Intermediate Club Coach course furthers your coaching education by:
- Examining the principles of training, components of fitness and athlete maturation
- Introducing how to coach the technical model of each event of track and field (except Hammer and Pole Vault)
- Exploring how to design a series of training sessions to meet the performance objectives of your athletes.
At the completion of this course, coaches should demonstrate that they are able to effectively develop the skills of an athlete and prepare them for a competition at a club or High School level.
Friday: 6:30pm to 9:00pm (Coaches needing to complete Level 1 only)
Saturday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
In addition to the face-to-face component, there are several online modules that need to be completed before and after the course.