Saturday 24 Nov 2018
The Victorian Track Relay Championships will be held at Hagenauer Reserve in 2018.
The Victorian Track Relay Championships is a club based competition that offers relays from 4×100 to 4x1500m with the 4x400m (Open Men, Women & Mixed) finals being run at the Zatopek:10 on Thursday 13th December 2018.
The Victorian Track Relay Championships are a fantastic opportunity for clubs to recruit club members by competing in a team based competition.
Date: Saturday 24th November 2018
Location: Hagenauer Reserve, Barwon Street, Box Hill North 3129
Entries Close: 11:59am (Midday) Monday 19th November 2018 – No late or on the day entries will be accepted.
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date at email@example.com or the Competitions Department on 8646 4512/8646 4526 and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries and emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable with allocated provisional times.
Entry fees will only be refunded if a cancellation is received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entries closing. Any refunds after this time will be processed only if the written notification is accompanied with a medical certificate before the first day of competition.
Please see below dates for our upcoming events
Zatopek:10 – Lakeside Stadium
Thursday 13th of December 2018
Athletics Victoria Contact Information
For any other information or queries in regards to the 2018 Victorian Relay Championships please contact AV via email@example.com.
More information to come soon. Stay tuned to the AV website.
Check in team forms
All 4x1500m team check in forms must be submitted by MIDDAY FRIDAY 23rd NOVEMBER. Any 4x1500m team check in forms not received prior to this time will be scratched from the event.
Teams may bring all other relay check in forms on the day. These must be handed into administration no later than 90 minutes prior to the first round of their event. Any team that does not check in by this time will be scratched from the event.
Should any team run any athletes in a different order to what was signed and submitted on their team sheet they will be disqualified from that race.
If you believe you will be running late for check-in, please call AV on 0447 202 160.
Any Substitutions that are required during the day can be made by filling out a form and lodging it 30 minutes prior to the race at administration.
Age groups are taken from the 31st of December 2018
|Age Group||Year of Birth||Age Group||Year of Birth|
|Under 14||2005, 2006, 2007||Under 18||2001, 2002|
|Under 16||2003, 2004||Open||2000, 1999, etc.|
Please note: Overage athlete’s age group will be taken from the day of competition 24 November, 2018.
Eligibility of Teams:
All athletes must be registered AV members by 11:59am Wednesday 21st November, 2018 to be eligible to compete in this relays event.
Athletes can only compete in their gender specific teams. There is a mixed open 4x400m event, but no other events will mixed gender races or teams be allowed.
Competing athletes must represent their primary club. Where athletes have selected a secondary club (by purchasing an alternate first claim with membership) the athlete must represent their summer club.
Athletes qualifying under Rule 5.3 must wear the official registered uniform of their first claim summer club, with their current bib numbers, as supplied by Athletics Victoria, securely fixed at the four corners to their competition uniform. They shall be worn visibly on the breast and back.
Athletes wishing to compete in different age groups must follow the below rules:
- No athlete can compete in a lower age group than they are eligible for e.g. (U16 cannot run in an U14 event).
- A junior athlete U14 – U18 may compete in their age group as well as the open age group e.g. (U14 can compete in the U14 4×100 and the Open 4×100).
- A junior athlete U14 – U18 cannot compete in the same event in two junior age groups e.g. (U14 cannot compete in U14 4×100 and the U16 4×100).
- A junior athlete can compete in two different junior age groups in two different events e.g. (U14 4×100 and an U16 4×400).
Masters Age Group Rules:
- Age is taken from first day of competition – 24 November 2018.
- Can only compete once in a particular type of relay eg 4x100m.
- To form a team an athlete can move down to a younger age group but not up.
- The age bracket of the team is determined by the youngest member of the team.
- An athlete can compete in a different age bracket in a different type of relay.
- Teams can run in any order.
- All teams must wear their Club uniform and be either a registered financial member of AV or VMA on the day of competition.
- To set Masters Records all members of a team must be a VMA member.
Uniform & Bibs:
All athletes competing at the 2018 Victorian Relay Championships must wear their current club uniform and current 2018/19 Athletics Victoria bib numbers. If you forget your bib please go to the administration area to receive a new one. All athletes must compete in AV bibs, if an athlete has registered as an AV Member but has not been assigned a Bib when visiting the Administration Area AV staff will assign you a temporary Bib Number for the day.
A Call Room will be in place for the 4x100m relays (Heats and Finals). This will be located on the infield. All athletes must marshal at this point no later than 15mins prior to their event.
For all other relay events athletes must marshal at their changeover points no later than 15mins prior to their event.
In the situation where enough scratching’s can cause events to no longer require heats, the final will be held at the final time. These announcements will be made 60 minutes prior to the event start time to allow Team Managers time to substitute athletes if need be.
St Johns Ambulance will be on site throughout the day. They will be in the player runway which is located halfway down home straight.
There are toilet facilities open around Hagenauer Reserve.
Limited Car parking is available off Barwon Street.
Looking after Lakeside Stadium
We are very grateful for the opportunity to compete at Hagenauer Reserve.
- Park only in designated parking bays
- Take home all rubbish so that we leave the venue as we found it.
- Do not litter any rubbish. Please use bins provided.
- Make sure your athletes leave the toilet blocks in a respectable state.