Saturday 11 Nov 2017
The 2017 Victorian Track Relay Championships will again be held at Lakeside Stadium in 2017.
The Victorian Track Relay Championships is a club based competition that offers relays from 4×100 to 4x1500m with the 4x400m finals being run at the Zatopek:10 on Thursday 14th December 2017.
The Victorian Track Relay Championships are a fantastic opportunity for clubs to recruit club members by competing in a team based competition.
Date: Saturday 11th November 2017
Location: Lakeside Stadium, 31-33 Aughtie Drive Albert Park
Entry: Gate 1 Entry North Stand
Entries Close: 11:59am (Midday) Monday 6th November 2017 – No late or on the day entries will be accepted.
If you have issues entering the event please contact Athletics Victoria PRIOR to the closing date at email@example.com or the Competitions Department on 8646 4512/8646 4526 and leave a message explaining the issues you are experiencing. Athletics Victoria will not accept any late entries and emails received after the closing date will not be accepted.
NOTE: Please be aware that following the closure of entries, AV will publish a provisional timetable with allocated provisional times.
Entry fees will only be refunded if a cancellation is received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entries closing. Any refunds after this time will be processed only if the written notification is accompanied with a medical certificate before the first day of competition.
Please see below dates for our upcoming events
Victorian 5000m Championships – Lakeside Stadium
Thursday 23rd of November 2017
Zatopek:10 – Lakeside Stadium
Thursday 14th of December 2017
Athletics Victoria Contact Information
For any other information or queries in regards to the 2017 Victorian Relay Championships please contact AV via email@example.com.
More information to come soon. Stay tuned to the AV website.
Check in team forms
Please remember to send in your teams Check in forms by midnight Wednesday 8 November. This will allow our Administration Team to add in your team athlete names so they can be loaded into the event day meet manager system for results. Teams may also bring them in on the day and check them in.
For those clubs that do not send their team sheets in by the above time, a team manager must then bring their team sheets to check-in no later than 90mins prior to the first round of their event. Any team that does not check in by this time will be scratched from the event.
Should any team run any athletes in a different order to what was signed and submitted on their team sheet will be disqualified from that race.
If you believe you will be running late for check-in, please call AV on 0447 202 160.
Any Substitutions that are required during the day can be made by filling out a form and lodging it 30 minutes prior to the race at administration which is located upstairs on level 1 in the main grandstand.
Age groups are taken from the 31st of December 2017
|Age Group||Year of Birth||Age Group||Year of Birth|
|Under 14||2004, 2005, 2006||Under 18||2000, 2001|
|Under 16||2002, 2003||Open||1999, 1998, etc.|
Please note: Overage athlete’s age group will be taken from the day of competition 11 November, 2017.
Athletes wishing to compete in different age groups must follow the below rules:
- All athletes must be registered AV members by 11:59pm Wednesday 8 November, 2017 to be eligible to compete in this relays event.
- No athlete can compete in a lower age group than they are eligible for e.g. (U16 cannot run in an U14 event).
- A junior athlete U14 – U18 may compete in their age group as well as the open age group e.g. (U14 can compete in the U14 4×100 and the Open 4×100).
- A junior athlete U14 – U18 cannot compete in the same event in two junior age groups e.g. (U14 cannot compete in U14 4×100 and the U16 4×100).
- A junior athlete can compete in two different junior age groups in two different events e.g. (U14 4×100 and an U16 4×400).
Masters Age Group Rules:
- Relays will be conducted in 10 year age brackets (eg 40-49, 50-59)
- Age is taken from first day of competition – 11 November 2017.
- Can only compete once in a particular type of relay eg 4x100m.
- To form a team an athlete can move down to a younger age group but not up.
- The age bracket of the team is determined by the youngest member of the team.
- An athlete can compete in a different age bracket in a different type of relay.
- Teams can run in any order.
- All teams must wear their Club uniform and be either a registered financial member of AV or VMA on the day of competition.
- To set Masters Records all members of a team must be a VMA member.
Eligibility of Teams: Athletes can only compete in their gender specific teams. There are strictly no mixed gender races or teams allowed.
Competing athletes must represent their primary club. Where athletes have selected a secondary club (by purchasing an alternate first claim with membership) the athlete must represent their summer club.
Athletes qualifying under Rule 5.3 must wear the official registered uniform of their first claim summer club, with their current bib numbers, as supplied by Athletics Victoria, securely fixed at the four corners to their competition uniform. They shall be worn visibly on the breast and back.
Uniform & Bibs: All athletes competing at the 2017 Victorian Relay Championships must wear their current club uniform and current 2017/18 Athletics Victoria bib numbers. If you forget your bib please go to the administration area to receive a new one. All athletes must compete in AV bibs, if an athlete has registered as an AV Member but has not been assigned a Bib when visiting the Administration Area AV staff will assign you a temporary Bib Number for the day.
Call Room: A Call Room will be in place for the 4x100m relays (Heats and Finals). This will be located on the infield of Lakeside Stadium. All athletes must marshal at this point no later than 15mins prior to their event.
For all other relay events athletes must marshal at their changeover points no later than 15mins prior to their event.
Straight Finals: In the situation where enough scratching’s can cause events to no longer require heats, the final will be held at the final time. These announcements will be made 60 minutes prior to the event start time to allow Team Managers time to substitute athletes if need be.
Lakeside stadium will have their Kiosk open which provides food, drinks and coffees.
St Johns Ambulance will be on site throughout the day. They will be in the player runway which is located halfway down home straight.
There are toilet facilities open around Lakeside stadium.
Car parking is available within lakeside stadium car parking and MSAC parking facilities.
Looking after Lakeside Stadium
We are very grateful for the opportunity to compete at Lakeside Stadium.
- Park only in designated parking bays
- Take home all rubbish so that we leave the venue as we found it.
- Do not litter any rubbish. Please use bins provided.
- Make sure your athletes leave the toilet blocks in a respectable state.