Athletics Advisory Group
As part of our ongoing commitment to providing products and services that meet the expectations of our members, the Board of Athletics Victoria has approved the establishment of an Athletics Advisory Group (AAG).
The AAG will meet three times a year to consider, review and recommend future programs across a number of areas including:-
- Athlete, club, coach and officials pathway
- All forms of competition products
- Programs to assist athletes, coaches, officials and club administrators and
- Effective forms of communications to our membership.
Advisory Group Members:
|Alex Howard||Ballarat YCW|
|Lachlan Rayner||Essendon Athletics|
|Stuart Macaulay||Western Athletics|
|Stephen Cain||St Kevins|
|Warren Hill||Melbourne Uni|
AV Shield Committee
The Shield Committee consists of representatives from each Zone within the current AV Summer Competition.
Each Zone rep is elected from each Zone Committee which consists of member clubs. The Shield Committee will make recommendations about the AV Shield rules to ensure a fair and fun competition that encourages many to participate in the relevant pathways that are offered within the whole of our sport.
AV Shield Committee Members:
|Lyn Owen||Blue Zone||Chair|
|Pam Noden||Blue Zone||Representative|
|Nathan McConchie||Blue Zone||Representative|
|Warren Hill||Yellow Zone||Representative|
|Stuart Macaulay||Yellow Zone||Representative|
|Greg Luck||Red Zone||Representative|
|Jodie Rudston-Brown||Red Zone||Representative|
|Peter Westwood||White Zone||Representative|
|Scott Bowden||White Zone||Representative|
|Jacinta Burns||Geelong Region||Representative|
|Peter Barrett||Bendigo Region||Representative|
|Neville Down||Ballarat Region||Representative|
Victorian Officials Committee
Charter of the Victorian Officials Committee:
- To actively promote the Officials partnership known as the Victorian Officials Project and to represent Officials registered with Athletics Victoria and Little Athletics Victoria.
- To advise Athletics Victoria and Little Athletics Victoria on matters relating to Officials.
- To take responsibility for the recruitment and retention of Officials in Victoria.
- To ensure that the standard of officiating across all levels of competition is of the highest standard.
- Work in conjunction with the Competition Organising Bodies for recommendations of suitable Officials of major events.
- To act as the body responsible for the education and certification of Officials in Victoria and in partnership with Athletics Australia.
Victorian Officials Committee members:
|Name & Role|
|Andrea Hallett (Staff Representative)|
|John Coleman (Chair)|