AV Shield Committee
The Shield Committee consists of representatives from each Zone within the current AV Summer Competition. As part of the Terms of Reference, each zone will be able to nominate an additional stand-in representative to attend in one’s absence.
Each Zone rep is elected from each Zone Committee which consists of member clubs. The Shield Committee will make recommendations about the AV Shield rules and format to ensure a fair and fun competition that encourages many to participate in the relevant pathways that are offered within the whole of our sport.
AV Shield Committee Members:
|Ross Cunningham (General Manager)||Athletics Victoria||Chair|
|Pam Noden (Glenhuntly)||Blue Zone||Representative|
|Lyn Owen (Frankston)||Blue Zone||Representative|
|Greg Payne (South Melbourne)||Yellow Zone||Representative|
|Stuart Macaulay (Western Athletics)||Yellow Zone||Representative|
|Greg Luck (Diamond Valley)||Red Zone||Representative|
|Jodie Rudston-Brown (Meadowglen)||Red Zone||Representative|
|Peter Westwood (St Stephens)||White Zone||Representative|
|Scott Bowden (Athletics Nunawading)||White Zone||Representative|
|Jacinta Burns (Chilwell)||Geelong Region||Representative|
|Peter Barrett (South Bendigo)||Bendigo Region||Representative|
|Neville Down (Wendouree)||Ballarat Region||Representative|
AV Shield Zone Committee
The Zone Committees for Metro and Regional areas are made up of representatives from clubs associated/affiliated within that region/zone/area.
Each zone has two (2) representatives who sit on the AV Shield Committee (See table above). The role of the zone representatives is to feedback items of discussion, tabled by club members at zone meetings through to the AV Shield Committee for consideration.
Each Zone representative is elected by each Zone Committee, which consists of member clubs. The Shield Committee will make recommendations about the AV Shield rules and format to ensure a fair and fun competition that encourages many to participate in the relevant pathways that are offered within the whole of our sport.
Victorian Officials Committee
Charter of the Victorian Officials Committee:
- To actively promote the Officials partnership known as the Victorian Officials Project and to represent Officials registered with Athletics Victoria and Little Athletics Victoria.
- To advise Athletics Victoria and Little Athletics Victoria on matters relating to Officials.
- To take responsibility for the recruitment and retention of Officials in Victoria.
- To ensure that the standard of officiating across all levels of competition is of the highest standard.
- Work in conjunction with the Competition Organising Bodies for recommendations of suitable Officials of major events.
- To act as the body responsible for the education and certification of Officials in Victoria and in partnership with Athletics Australia.
Victorian Officials Committee members:
|Name & Role|
|Andrea Hallett (Staff Representative)|
|John Coleman (Chair)|