AVSL PLAYOFFS ARE HERE!
With the inaugural AVSL Playoffs just around the corner please ensure you are aware of the following information prior to entries opening on Wednesday 12th February at 2pm.
AVSL PLAYOFF ELIGIBLITY
To compete at the AVSL Playoffs you must have:
- A valid performance in the event you enter in the AVSL Playoffs
- Competed in 4 or more rounds of AVSL for any event as a scoring athlete
- You can review your eligibility via https://athsvic.resultshub.com.au/avsl/eligibility.html
Athletes who have NOT OBTAINED AVSL PLAYOFF ELIGIBLITY WILL HAVE THEIR ENTRIES REMOVED AND ANY ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
AVSL PLAYOFF ENTRY PROCESS
AVSL Playoffs will have two entry periods to allow the clubs in playoff positions the greatest opportunity to compete on an even playing field.
ENTRY PERIOD 1 –
ONLY FOR ELIGIBLE AVSL PLAYOFF ATHLETES COMPETING FOR A CLUB IN A PLAYOFF POSITION
Clubs in playoff positions: Essendon, Glenhuntly, Diamond Valley, Chilwell, Nunawading, Doncaster, Mornington, Casey Cardinia, Ballarat Harriers, Collingwood, Yarra Ranges, Bellarine, Wyndham, Ballarat YCW, Waverley-Malvern, Vic Masters, Dandenong-Springvale, Ivanhoe, Williamstown
- Open from Wednesday 12th February at 2pm and closes Monday 17th February at midday
- This will only be for athletes that are COMPETING FOR CLUBS THAT ARE IN A PLAYOFF POSITION (Championship or Promotion/Relegation Playoffs)
- Athletes who enter AVSL Playoffs during this period who DO NOT REPRESENT A PLAYOFF CLUB will have their ENTRIES REMOVED and ANY ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
- Athletes who have NOT OBTAINED AVSL PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY will have their ENTRIES REMOVED and ANY ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
ENTRY PERIOD 2 –
ONLY FOR ELIGIBLE AVSL PLAYOFF ATHLETES
- Open from Monday 17th February at 2pm and closes Wednesday 19th February at midday.
- This will be for ALL ATHLETES that have OBTAINED AVSL PLAYOFF ELIGIBLITY
- Athletes who have NOT OBTAINED AVSL PLAYOFF ELIGIBLITY will have their ENTRIES REMOVED and ANY ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
There will be no trialling members, entries on the day or waiting lists for AVSL Playoffs.
AVSL PLAYOFFS SCORING
To ensure a fair playing field, and to stop clubs monopolising entries, the AVSL Committee will impose a 100-point penalty on each Did Not Start (DNS) result an athlete receives for AVSL Playoffs. Athletes can avoid receiving this penalty in the following ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to entries closing at midday on Wednesday 19th February withdrawing from the event/s you no longer wish to compete in, therefore opening up the position to other athletes.
- Provide AV with a medical certificate between entries closing and competition day.
- Provide a St Johns Patient Record Form to Administration on the day of competition
- NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- A scratching AFTER midday Wednesday 19 Feb will be treated the same as a DNS
- Athletes will still need to sign in 30 minutes prior to event start time
- Walks & 3000m athletes will still be required to supply a lap counter for their events.
- Relay teams can be entered on the day, but close 1 hour prior to event start time. Any team withdrawing after that time is considered a DNS. Team sheets will need to be submitted 30 minutes prior to the event start time.