The 2019 Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships is the selection trial to represent Victoria at the 2019 Australian Cross Country Championships. This event provides students the opportunity to take on the best Victoria has to offer and claim the honour of being a Victorian Cross Country Champion.
What: 2019 Victorian All Schools Cross Country Championships
Date: Saturday 15 June, 2019
Location: Bundoora Park, North off Plenty Rd, (veer right after entering the park) (Melway Ref 19 F4) (Google Maps)
Entries Close: ENTRIES EXTENDED 5pm Tuesday 4 June, 2019
11:59am (midday) Monday 3 June, 2019
Note: Under 20 athletes who no longer attend school and wish to compete at Bundoora will need to enter the XCR’19 Rd 3 event individually via the event page. Bundoora Park is not offered as part of the XCR Package in 2019.
Please ensure you check that the entry for yourself, or for your school, is correct. Changes regarding athlete age group or school can be made up until Monday the 10th of June. No changes after this date will be accepted. If you require any changes please contact the AV Office via 8646 4500 or email@example.com prior to Monday the 10th of June.
|Age Group||Year of Birth||Age Group||Year of Birth||Age Group||Year of Birth|
|Under 14||2006, 2007, 2008||Under 16||2004||Under 18||2002|
|Under 15||2005||Under 17||2003||Under 20||2000, 2001|
Athletes competing in the All Schools Competition must wear their school athletic uniform. If your school does not have a uniform a white t-shirt/singlet/crop top and plain black/blue shorts/pants should be worn.
Athletes will be issued a set of bibs, with timing chips attached to one bib, to wear on the event day. These can be picked up at the administration area prior to the race start.
The bib with the timing chips MUST be worn on the student’s front, with their other allocated bib on their back. If the timing bib is worn on the back the student may not receive a time. Any Athletics Victoria members who already have AV bibs DO NOT need to wear these bibs, a temporary one for this event will be assigned to you.
Bibs will be colour coded for different age groups and must be worn front and back during the race.
NO BIBS = NO TIME AND NO POINTS
A reminder that the transfer of bib numbers to unregistered athletes is a serious breach of competition rules, with significant penalties resulting for all athletes and teams found to be involved. Such action jeopardises Athletics Victoria’s personal accident insurance policy, and the cover extended to all registered athletes.
Medals will be presented to the top 3 athletes in each age group.
Multi Class athletes will compete against their gender and age group. Medals will be awarded when three (3) or more competitors are entered into an age group, including multi class athletes.
Please note: If three (3) or more multi class athletes are entered into one age group, medals will not be awarded based on classification.
Team medals will be presented to the top three teams in each age group. This will be done shortly after the event, once results are finalised. A team consists of four members in a school, the sum of the finish place positions gives the points score for each age group. The team with the lowest points score will be considered the winner.
Racing will be contested over three, four, six and eight kilometre events.
In order to facilitate the prompt publication of the finalised results, team scores and ladders, all results queries must be submitted to Athletics Victoria’s Competition department via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 72 hours of the first set of published results. All queries submitted after this time will not be included in the final event results.
Victorian Team Selection:
2019 AUSTRALIAN CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS – Kembla Grange, Wollongong, New South Wales – 24th August, 2019
For all pre-departure team enquiries, please contact Sean Whipp at Athletics Victoria on (03) 8646 4500 or via email email@example.com
POLICY OF SELECTION
There will be an Athletics Victoria Selection Committee established to carry out the selection of the Victorian Cross Country team
The selection committee will operate under the selection policy listed, making amendments where deemed necessary to maintain the best interests of Athletics Victoria and to remain in line with any changes drafted by Athletics Australia.
The AV Selection Committee and Athletics Victoria will have final say over selection, appeals will be directed through State Teams manager Sean Whipp: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative age group teams for the Australian Cross Country Championships are under 14, under 16, under 18 and under 20 (as at 31 December 2019) for boys and girls, with 16 male & female athletes selected per gender, per age group.
- The Victorian Cross Country Championships on June 15th (Bundoora Park) will be the selection trial for this team, athletes who do not compete at this event will not be considered for selection, unless qualifying criteria detailed in point 5 are met.
- It is necessary to submit the nomination form, completed on the laptops available at the Athletics Victoria tent located near the finishing line, to be considered for selection. Athletes will only be considered for the AV team if they have completed the nomination form. In the unusual case that an age group has insufficient nominations to fill an age group bracket of 16 athletes, the next best placed athlete will be contacted.
- Thirty-two athletes will be selected for each age group, 16 male, 16 female. Selection is determined by athlete finishing order, thus if the first 16 athletes to cross the line in a race select to represent AV, those 16 individuals will be selected if appropriate selection documentation is completed.
- Athletes who are unable to compete at the trial due to illness, national representation or otherwise, will need to provide a written application with supporting documentation to be considered. The athlete will also need to have competed in a minimum of one AV XCR19 event to be considered for selection.
- All selections will be confirmed via email/AV website on Thursday, June 20th
- Emergencies will be named and offered places in the team if/when any selections are declined.
Eligibility – To be eligible for a position in the team in the U20 category, an athlete must fulfil the following criteria:
- Complete a nomination form on the day, at the Athletics Victoria tent
- If you are no longer at school, to be able to compete at the National Championships you must become an Athletics Victoria member prior to the National Championships
Para-Athlete Selection Guidelines
The selection trial will be held over 3km, the same distance run at the national championship level.
Results will be scored with the MDS Cross Country scoring table provided by Athletics Australia, in conjunction with Sport Inclusion Australia.
In total, 6 athletes per age group will be selected for both Boys and Girls teams in Under 16 & Under 20 age groups.
Athletics Victoria: All Schools Cross Country Championships – June 16th
Open Para athletes are encouraged to apply for selection via email, please contact email@example.com with 3000m personal best, relevant race times listed and your Athletics Victoria Club membership.
|Races||Time||Age Group||Distance||Course Laps|
|1||10:00am||Girls Under 14||3km||1 x 1km, 1 x 2km|
|Girls Para U16 & U20|
|2||10:20am||Boys Under 14||3km||1 x 1km, 1 x 2km|
|Boys Para U16 & U20|
|3||10:40am||Girls Under 15||4km||2 x 2km|
|Girls Under 16|
|4||11:00am||Boys Under 15||4km||2 x 2km|
|Boys Under 16|
|5||11:20am||Girls Under 17||4km||2 x 2km|
|Girls Under 18|
|6||11:45am||Boys Under 17||6km||1 x 2km, 1 x 4km|
|Boys Under 18|
|7||12:20pm||Women Under 20||6km||1 x 2km, 1 x 4km|
|8||12:55pm||Men Under 20||8km||2 x 4km|
Please make sure you arrive early in order to collect your bibs. We will not be holding the start of a race for late athletes.
Please contact Craig Morrow (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the names of the club helpers no later than 12pm (midday) Tuesday 11 June.
All officials, time keepers and course marshals must report to the Controller of Officials the commencement of their scheduled session start time.
Clubs failing to provide the required number of club helpers will have ALL of their teams disqualified.
Public car parking will be available within Bundoora Park. Please observe signage and any relevant parking restrictions.
Schools are encouraged to bring tents to Bundoora. The area for club tents will be marked out please look for these areas on the day of competition.
Toilet facilities are available in Bundoora Park, nearby the start/finish area.
Looking after Bundoora:
We are very grateful to Parks Victoria for the opportunity to compete at Bundoora. Schools are asked to remind their members of the following:
- Park only in designated parking bays
- Take home all rubbish so that we leave the venue as we found it
- Make sure your athletes leave the toilet blocks in a respectable state