It’s finally here! Well, almost.
Victoria’s (and interstate) finest athletes will be flooding into Lakeside Stadium tomorrow and across the whole weekend for the 2017 Victorian Track & Field Championships.
The Nitro series injected performance and entertainment back into athletics with this weekend being no different!
We have a jam-packed schedule across three days, with a plethora of Olympians, National Champions and State Champions alike, all in attendance to show Victoria what athletics is all about…
- Mia Gross will be looking to back-up her amazing record breaking achievements in Canberra.
- Elizabeth Hedding who represented Australia in the Long Jump during Nitro will be tough to beat in her multiple events.
- Ash Whittaker will be looking to take out the Women’s Open 100m.
- Paralympians Nicholas Hum, Isis Holt, Richard Colman and Jaryd Clifford will all hitting the track looking to take home the gold.
- Olympian, Nitro representative and 2016 5000m Victorian Champion, Linden Hall, will no doubt be all class in the Women’s 1500m.
- Olympian and Nitro representative, Morgan Mitchell, will have her eyes set on gold in the 400m. However, Nitro teammate Anneliese Rubie (New South Wales) and Abbey De La Motte from Doncaster Athletic Club will be looking to spoil Morgan’s chances!
- Alex Rowe never misses a beat in the Open 800m.
It really is going to be an amazing weekend of competition!
Stay tuned for reports, photos and interviews across each day…