The aim of the Grants is to financially assist distance runners who are registered with Athletics Victoria, to achieve higher levels of performance. Athletes between 20 and 30 years of age may apply for amounts up to $3000 per annum.
For the purposes of the Training Grants, distance running events include;
- Cross-country and road races up to and including the Marathon distance
- Track events from 3000 metres up to and including 10,000 metres
Funding requests could include participation in training camps, clinics and specific coaching programs and other costs directly associated with athletic competition.
Applications should include the following details:
- Name, address, phone no. and email address
- Long and short term goals
- Specific details of the initiative to be funded, including its role in the athlete’s development
- A summary of best performances to date
- An itemised list of proposed costs
- Current sponsorships or grants received to date
CLOSING DATE: October 31st 2017
Mail to: The Trustees – Fred Lester Scholarship Fund
PO Box 7535