With the imminent launch of the Athletics Australia summer fixture list, Athletics Victoria are delighted to announce the Track and Field calendar for the 2017-2018 summer season.
Athletics Victoria has been in close consultation with Athletics Australia and State Membership Associations for some time to determine a calendar that creates a pathway for all levels, as well as taking into consideration the expectations on Athletics Victoria officials and workforce.
With the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games taking place in early April 2018, Athletics Victoria has devised a calendar that fulfils both opportunity for club athletes and those seeking qualification standards to the Commonwealth Games.
The biggest change to the calendar is the decision by Athletics Australia to resort to a standalone Open and Junior Nationals with selection to Junior Nationals closing on the 26th February. As a result, Athletics Victoria will split both Championships and operate State Junior and Open Championships on consecutive weekends. This ultimately means that the Open State Championships will operate post Nationals with Athletics Australia removing the top three (3) qualifying standards in favour of performance standards. This decision was taken to allow athletes the opportunity to compete right through to March and avoid a potential early end to the season.
The summer season looks likely to be another exciting one with athletes vying to achieve the qualification standard before team selection is made for the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. In a critical season for athletes, we understand the requirement for additional sanctioned competition to be staged, and we are exploring various options to support athletes in their quest. Athletics Victoria will be releasing the AV Shield dates as well as the Rare Air and AV Throwers meets in the coming weeks so please stay tuned to the AV Website and Newsletters.
For Championship dates, please click on the event links below to view the Event Information. Draft timetables will be published in due course.
2017 AV All Schools Carnivals
- AV All Schools Track Relay Championships: Wednesday 6th September 2017 (Lakeside Stadium)
- AV All Schools Knockout Championships: Thursday 14th September 2017 (Lakeside Stadium)
- AV All Schools State Track & Field Championships: Friday 3rd – Sunday 5th November 2017 (Lakeside Stadium)
2017-2018 AV Victorian State Championships
- Victorian Race Walking Championships: Sunday 10th September 2017 (Middle Park)
- Victorian Track Relay Championships: Saturday 11th November 2017 (Lakeside Stadium)
- Victorian 5000m Championships (all ages): Thursday 23rd November 2017 (Lakeside Stadium)
- Zatopek10: Thursday 14th December 2017 (Lakeside Stadium)
- AV Country Championships: Friday 26th – Sunday 28th January 2018 (Ballarat)
- AV Junior & Para Championships: Friday 23rd – Sunday 25th February 2018 (Lakeside Stadium)
- AV Open & Para Championships: Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th March 2018 (Lakeside Stadium)
- AV Masters Championships: Saturday 24th – Sunday 25th March 2018 (Doncaster/Nunawading)
*Please note: The date for the AV Multi Event Championships will be confirmed in due course.
2017-2018 AV Shield Fixtures (TBC)
2017-2018 Athletics Australia National Championships
- Fixtures to be released by Athletics Australian in due course.
2017-2018 Victorian Milers Meets (online entries will go live in due course)
- Thursday 16th November 2017: VMC Meet 1 (Lakeside Stadium)
- Tuesday 19th December 2017: VMC Meet 2 (Box Hill)
- Thursday 18th January 2018: VMC Meet 3 (Box Hill)
- Tuesday 6th February 2018: VMC Meet 4 (Melbourne University)
- Thursday 8th March 2018: VMC Meet 5 (Lakeside Stadium)
2017-2018 Rare Air Meets (TBC)
2017-2018 AV Throwers Meets (TBC)
2017-2018 Public Holidays & Other Notable Competition
- Friday 29th September 2017: AFL Grand Final Public Holiday
- Saturday 7th – Sunday 8th October 2017: Magpie Multis (Collingwood)
- Sunday 15th October 2017: Melbourne Marathon & Victorian Marathon Championships
- Tuesday 7th November 2017: Melbourne Cup Public Holiday
- Saturday 2nd December – Sunday 10th December 2017: PSG/National All Schools
- Monday 25th December 2017: Christmas Day
- Tuesday 26th December 2017: Boxing Day
- Tuesday 19th December 2017 – Wednesday 3rd January 2018: AV Office Closure
- Friday 26th January 2018: Australia Day
- Saturday 10th – Sunday 11th March 2018: State Little Athletics Championships (Lakeside Stadium)
- Monday 12th March 2018: Ballarat Track Classic (Ballarat) TBC
- Sunday 25th March 2018: Australian Grand Prix (Lakeside Closures Apply: Monday 19th – Sunday 25th March 2018)
- Friday 30th March – Sunday 2nd April 2018: Easter Weekend
- Wednesday 4th – Sunday 15th April 2018: Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
- Wednesday 25th March 2018: ANZAC Day