- Athletes must compete in their club uniform.
- All athletes must wear their current Athletics Victoria registered bibs (front & back).
- If an athlete has lost their bib number they must get a blank bib from the administration area.
- There will be NO invite athletes at Shield Final.
- Athletes wishing to use their own implements must take them to the technical officer at least 2 hours before the scheduled starting time of the event.
- Spikes must not exceed more than 7mm for track events and 9mm for field events. Conical, pyramid and Christmas tree are permitted. Needle or Pin spikes are not permitted.
- In all field events (excluding Pole Vault) athletes will only be given three (3) attempts.
- In Pole Vault competitions, jumpers will be permitted to jump until they are eliminated by posting three (3) consecutive fouled attempts. There are four (4) separate Pole Vault starting heights. The minimum age for a pole vaulter is 12-years (as at December 31, 2016). Under 14 competitors must complete a Pole Vault assessment (to be completed by the Field Referee) prior to competition to prove competency.
- All events, except Pole Vault (60 minutes) – 15 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Athletes must check the starting list and timetable to be aware of the event starting time.
- It is the athlete’s responsibility to assemble at their event at the correct time and location. Athletes who fail to do so may not be able to compete in the event.
- There will be NO call room on the day.
- Athletes will be required to marshal at their event start no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled starting time of each of their events.
- If an athlete has a clash of events, they will be required to notify the Referee at their first event of their clash.
- It is the athlete’s responsibility to notify the officials of a clash of events.
- Substitutions can be made on the day (no later than 30mins prior to the event).
- Athletes that are substituted in will take the exact place of the athlete that has been substituted out. This is for both track & field events.