AV Shield 2016/17 Season – Updated Rules.
Here’s a little cheat-sheet allowing you to understand pivotal rules that have been changed ahead of the 2016/17 AV Shield Season…
- Pre-entry will be available for athletes prior to the event.
- An athlete pre-entering into a track event will be guaranteed their spot whilst being seeded accordingly.
- An athlete pre-entering into a field event will be guaranteed their spot on a ‘first come, first served basis.
- An athlete who has pre-entered will be able to check their results on the Shield Display Screen (located in the scorer’s tent) and their score via the ‘ScoreBuddy’ web app soon after their event has concluded.
- An athlete is still able to enter an event on the day, however they will not be seeded accordingly in a track event, and are not guaranteed a spot in a field event.
- Penalties are in place for those who do not adhere to their pre-entry (see AV Shield Rules 2016/17).
- Scoring is based purely on performance.
- Between 100 and 600 points can be scored per event.
- Every event has the same amount of points available.
- Entries are open until the Wednesday (11:59pm) prior to the Shield event. E.g. Shield Round 1/Saturday 8th October – Entries close on Wednesday 5th October 11:59pm.
- To qualify for the AV Shield Final an athlete must have competed in four (4) rounds of Shield for their team.