AV Shield 2016/17 Season – Scoring.
INTRODUCING THE NEW AV SHIELD SCOREBUDDY WEB APP!
Here’s a sharp 8-point brief about our new scoring system being introduced for the 2016/17 AV Shield Season…
- Scores will be based purely on performance.
- Every event has the same amount of points on offer (between 100 and 600).
- As you improve throughout the season, you will score more points.
- Your overall performance in each event will contribute to your team’s overall tally after each round.
- Para-athletes’ scores will be adjusted based on their classification.
- Athletes in the 40+, 50+ and 60+ events will have their scores adjusted based on their age classification.
- Athletes pre-entered into an event will have access to their time and scores through the Shield Display Screen (located at the scorer’s tent) and also through the ‘Scorebuddy’ web app.
- A ‘minimum standard’ requires all athletes to complete an event in the boundaries set by Athletics Victoria in order to score points.