VICTORIAN TEAM SELECTION INFORMATION
AUSTRALIAN ALL SCHOOLS TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2016
Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th December, 2016
The Victorian team will be selected based upon results from the Victorian All Schools Championships. As such, participants who do not compete at these championships will be ineligible for selection to the Victorian team.
- Athletes placing first and second in U14*, U16 and U18 events at the Victorian All Schools will be automatically selected to represent Victoria
- Athletes placing first in U15 & U17 events will also be automatically selected. These U15 & U17 athletes will compete “up” an age group at the Australian All Schools (ie. U15 competes in U16 age group)
- Two Para-athletes will be selected per event in the U16 & U18 age groups. The best performed athletes as per the Athletics Australia MDS Tables will be selected. These athletes must appear on the AA Classification master list.
*U14 athletes MUST be born in 2003 or 2004 to be selected. The 3000m, 2000m steeplechase and 200m hurdles are NOT offered at the Australian All Schools Championships for the U14 age group.
HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR SELECTION:
- Visit the Victorian Team Information Centre at the top of the main grandstand after your event and complete the athlete confirmation sheet.
- Pay the team levy & entry fee by midnight on Monday 7 November athsvic.org.au/events/calendar
AUSTRALIAN JUNIOR TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017
Sydney, New South Wales
Sunday March 26th to Sunday April 2nd 2017
The Victorian team for these Championships will be as large as possible. In 2016 we took 450 athletes to Perth and delivered over 300 personal best performances.
- All medallists (1st, 2nd or 3rd) from the 2016 Victorian All Schools (born 1998- 2005) automatically qualify to represent Victoria.
- Athletes that achieve the Australian Championship entry standards also qualify to represent Victoria.
Further logistical information will be made available as both State Team events draw nearer.
In the interim, performance based qualification processes and relevant information has been posted in the above text, to assist athletes in making the most-informed decisions regarding their qualification process.
Questions regarding the Victorian Team qualification selection process should be directed to Victorian Team Manager, Sean Whipp at the Victorian Team Information Centre during the event or afterwards via email@example.com or 8646 4500.
*Para-athlete criteria is in its final stages of consultation, and will be made available soon.