The Level 1 Community Athletics Coach course is accredited by the Australian Sports Commission’s (ASC) National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS), and upon completion of the course participants will become NCAS accredited athletics coaches, with a universally recognized qualification by all nationwide athletics bodies.
This course is the entry level of the Accredited Athletics Coaching Framework.
- Date: 24th August, 2014
- Time: 9:00am – 5:30pm
- Venue: Rieschiecks Reserve
- Cost: $220 (includes first year of coach registration with Athletics Australia and therefore insurance.)
The course is designed to:
- Develop the general principles of coaching: communication, group & behavioural management, safety, organisation & instruction.
- Provide practical coaching strategies to encourage the development of the sport’s fundamental skills -running, jumping and throwing.
Participants will be guided through the following:
- The fundamental skills of running, jumping and throwing.
- Long term athlete participation.
- Behavioural Management.
- How to create a safe and fun training environment encouraging high participation & involvement.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to effectively communicate with groups, and organize training sessions in a safe and fun environment. They will also receive the following:
- Athletics Australia Coach Accreditation.
- Membership with Athletics Australia and Athletics Victoria.
Insurance under the Athletics Australia policy for their athletics coaching practice.
Resources including a participants manual & support materials on USB.
All participants are required to complete an online module – Community Coaching General Principles- prior to commencing the ONE DAY Community Athletics Coach course. The link to register for the AIS portal is https://learning.ausport.gov.au/auth/register and then choose Community Coaching General Principles course.