The 2014/15 summer season is close and with new and exciting opportunities through competition, coaching and officiating Athletics Victoria has put together eight key steps to the new season for new and returning members.
Opportunity to participate in grassroots to elite competition including access to coaching and officiating courses, insurance and AV has partnered with POWERSHOP to provide a great opportunity to reduce costs while also raising funds for your club. If you move your supply to Powershop you will get a $75 credit PLUS your club will also get a $75 cash payment – it’s that easy. Not only will you save on household costs but you will raise money for your club.
- Find a club
- Click here to become a member
- Click here for member benefits
- Click here to take advantage today and save with Powershop
A meet with a National Permit is directly sanctioned by Athletics Australia. Performances achieved at these meets can be used for International qualifiers (for any meet where the IAAF are governing body) and for National record applications.
AV Permit Meets:
AV Members can qualify for National Championships at all Rounds of Shield including the Zone v Zone competition that will be a IAAF permit meets.
Athletics Victoria are working to assist clubs organise competition and open days through investment in equipment, human resources and education to help clubs generate income streams, attract new members and grow competition at grassroots level.
- For AV to help support club based events contact the competition team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8646 4500.
In 2014/15 venue availability played a role in shaping the competition schedule with Lakeside Stadium out of action for the majority of December and January due to the Asian Cup and, Australian Formula One Grand Prix and National Tour in March.
A number of venues across all Zones will not be available this rotation due to major works scheduled across the coming 2014/15 season.
Early Key Dates:
- AV Shield Round 1: SAT 11 OCT
- VIC 5000M Champs: THURS 6 NOV
- Zone v Zone RD 1: SUN 23 NOV
- VIC Relay Champs: SAT 29 NOV
- ZATOPEK:10: THURS 11 DEC
- AV Knockout RD 1: SUN 14 DEC
- VIC Country Champs: FRI 23 JAN
For all competition information, entry dates and details can be found on the events section of the Athletics Victoria website.
If you have any questions email email@example.com or call (03) 8646 4500.
Coaching and Officials opportunities
AV offers a wide range of courses for coaches and officials from entry level to those looking to up skill and progress along the pathway to work at national and international level.
- Click here for coaching pathways and upcoming course
- Click here for officiating information and course opportunities
Athletics Victoria provides a variety of teams and squads to help harness athlete development and progression into the national ranks.
- Check out the range of development and pathway opportunities for athletes at all levels and ages.
- For more information on programs and pathways check out the Get Involved section on www.athsvic.org.au or contact Athlete Development Manager Nick Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A new inclusive competition that offers individuals in each event & age group the opportunity to take part in a knockout structured competition based on the new AV Rankings across two rounds and a final.