The weather forecast across Victoria predicts maximum temperatures above 35 degrees in some areas this weekend.
Athletics Victoria has been monitoring the forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology and if the forecast temperature exceeds 35 degrees this Saturday 1 February at the Zone locations, then this Round of the AV Shield competition may be cancelled due to the extreme weather.
Our primary objective is to ensure the safety of all our competitors and Victorian officials.
Any decision to cancel this weeks’ Shield competition will be made before 3pm this Friday 31 January.
All competitors and officials will be notified by email, and alerts will go out via the Athletics Victoria website and social media networks.
Be prepared for the conditions:
- Stay hydrated before, during and after competition
- Wear appropriate clothing and sunscreen to protect you from the elements
- Modify your competition preparation to take the conditions into account
- Make sure you stay in the shade and out of the elements where possible
- Look out for other members of your club or sport just in case they may need some assistance
Click here to refer to the Athletics Victoria Unfavourable Weather Policy.
To stay up-to-date with all the latest weather warnings and the seven day forecast vist: www.bom.gov.au/vic